PDA

View Full Version : New bindings needed

techsledder
05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I received a decent Hyperlite board to use from a friend of mine. It's an "Evolve 144". http://www.wakeworld.com/products/index.php?l=product_detail&p=53275

I need larger bindings for it. I have no idea what to look for. I'd also like Adjustable binding for the board so that others may use it. Like for Large up to XL sized feet. Covering mens size 9-13? Is that possible?

I come from a water skiing/slalom skiing back ground with adjustable bindings. Anything people can suggest like that for wakeboarding?

thescott
05-12-2010, 02:31 PM
I don't think there are any (at least any modern) adjustable wakeboard bindings. But I could be wrong. Generally the spread you'll find in binding sizing spans 1 size. Like 7-8, 9-10, 11-12 etc.
Just my personal taste, I love 07 and newer liquid force bindings. Check around on ebay. Also, there's a site called closeoutdude.com that has decent deals on older gear.

ProZach415
05-12-2010, 03:07 PM
I have some 2006 Hyperlite Murrays that fit 9-10 I would sell. My little brother wore them maybe 5 times last summer and outgrew them over the winter... So they are more less brand new. I would sell them for... say $130

cashby
05-12-2010, 03:16 PM
I have a pair of size 10 Ronix Scouts to sell. This boot is closed toe and light brown suede. Originally cost $375. I would sell for $150. You will have a hard time decent bindings in a one size fits all. They will kill your feet as well.

jaywidhalm
05-12-2010, 03:21 PM
I just picked up a pair of Ronix Divide bindings. The size large is supposed to fit 7.5 - 11. Pretty good range for versatility.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-12-2010, 05:24 PM
I would caution you about putting adjustable bindings on your personal board. Get a cheap extra board for a boat board if needed, or else have a spare board set up with a 8-9 binder if you use 11-12 or something like that.

Try to look for YOUR bindings to have alum base plates and a single piece inner liner (no two piece liners)

Fman
05-12-2010, 11:10 PM
I have the CWB Vapor bindings, I used them last week for the first time and they are awesome. CWB's Hinge-tech makes it so easy to get into and the velcro holds great and never gets loose like laces.

Would highly recommend them.

http://www.evogear.com/wakeboard-bindings/cwb-vapor-boots-2010.aspx

jzelt
05-13-2010, 01:19 PM
I agree Fman.
I have CWB Faction bindings and the hinge is sweet.

I have never had a binding on a board or ski that was as easy to get in. I was worried about not sliding out of the binding with the way it "clamps" down, but after a hard wreck, the board was off as soon as I was in the water. Very comfortable and no lube needed to get in.

I was looking for bindings for the "spare" board that came with the boat and for new...I was better off buying a board with the bindings than just bindings alone...

scotthons
05-13-2010, 03:40 PM
You can also check out evogear.com. They are having a sale right now for 20% off all outlet items. I picked up the '08 Liquid Force Shane CT last year and they are great. Very, very easy to get in and out. No lube necessary. I know a lot of people that have the CWB Hinge bindings and dig those as well.

Fman
05-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Jzelt,

Try sending this person a direct email, he is the sales rep for boarders mall, tell him what you want, they have some incredible deals on '09 stock.

"Anthony LaMarca" <[email protected]>

techsledder
05-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Fman & Jzelt, how's the sizing on the Vapors? True to form and their listing? Evogear has a set of 2009's size 12-14, their XL, for $179 but I wear an 11.5 typically in a shoe.

Has anyone tried the Ronix Frank?