PDA

View Full Version : Power to Instrument Cluster

djsams
07-06-2002, 09:31 AM
I have lost all of the power to my instrument cluster. The boat starts and everything else works including the radio. The fuses I checked were fine and there does not appear to be any reset for the cluster. I have a 1999 Supra Legacy. Thanks for any help - the nearest dealer is 2 hours away.

DKJBama92Mariah
07-06-2002, 01:36 PM
Crawl under the dash and check the ground wires. If it's anything like mine, the grounds for the guages are daisy-chained together. If the ground gets loose, you'll lose the whole thing. Also, check the power connection at the ignition switch. Mine has a separate wire that powers the instruments. If that doesn't work, it's time to break out the multimeter and start tracing wires.

DKJ

tgh08
07-18-2002, 03:51 PM
I have a 2001 Launch and the same occured. Mine, just under the left area under the dash is a plate with several connections of the acc. This plate then mates up to pins on the back side. Press this plate back snug to the connections and it resolved my problems. Seems to loosen up with a few boating weekends...just reach up an snug it up and off we go...hope this helps.

Brian Raymond
08-31-2002, 12:13 AM
It sounds as if you may have the Kysor/Medallion pkg,to ensure that you have this digital gauge readout, look up under your dash, there should only be 5 wires of the same color code to each gauge. If not is is an analog gauge pkg. I have experienced some issues with the Kysor/Medallion system, please contact me , Brian Raymond, [email protected] @ your convenience. If you should have this system, this info is needed, the MDC module bar code # (which is located behind the gas tank kick panel @ the aft end of the boat, on the starboard hull side wall next to the tank) and the hull I.D. # and the date of purchase. Thanks.