PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Watson session this morning

RanceOU
05-14-2010, 03:36 PM
I got a chance to hang out and ride with Shawn this morning and he is a really cool guy. It is always nice to meet pros that are laid back, down to earth people. He was happy to help everyone with there riding and put on one hell of a show himself. Props to Jasonba1 for hooking me up.

Fman
05-14-2010, 04:02 PM
That is really cool, I have never had anybody that good behind my boat before. Always enjoy watching people who can flip and catch that much air. Your wake looks crazy good, and that water looked even better! Gotta love glass!

What speed/weight/wakeplate were you towing him at? Does he ride for Supra?

RanceOU
05-14-2010, 04:11 PM
That is really cool, I have never had anybody that good behind my boat before. Always enjoy watching people who can flip and catch that much air. Your wake looks crazy good, and that water looked even better! Gotta love glass!

What speed/weight/wakeplate were you towing him at? Does he ride for Supra?

Fman, I was in the Mastercraft Xstar PWT boat. I wish my wake was that big lol. We had 8 people in the boat and i think around 2500 pounds of ballast. That is one of the 3 boats they use on the PWT so the have them weighted like crazy. He was riding at 25.5mph at 75ft.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Duuuuude! Like OMG that is so freaking awesome! Is that your boat? It looks like I see PWT (as in MC Xstar) on the vinyl. I dont think Shawn has a boat sponsor which is staggering... One of my all time favorite riders and congrats on having one of the best-selling pro models in the history of wakeboarding.

RanceOU
05-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Duuuuude! Like OMG that is so freaking awesome! Is that your boat? It looks like I see PWT (as in MC Xstar) on the vinyl. I dont think Shawn has a boat sponsor which is staggering... One of my all time favorite riders and congrats on having one of the best-selling pro models in the history of wakeboarding.

Yea that is a MC Xstar, i think you were posting the same time i was. I know what are the odds i buy his board and a mont later get to ride with him. He was so smooooth riding and landed everything but a crazy looking 9 (that he got right back up and landed).

scotthons
05-14-2010, 04:32 PM
That's awesome! That is great to hear that he was down to earth.

Okie Boarder
05-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Very cool! It's amazing how easy it looks when someone skilled is riding.

jasonba1
05-14-2010, 11:36 PM
rance it was great meeting you and so glad I could hook you up with riding with shaun also thanks for volunteering at wildwings on the last minute call Anytime there is pros in town I will let you know

Went out with watson for 2 days Im friends with the mc dealer in town and alot of the people from mc the as well... I got to drive watson behind 1 of 3 PWT x stars yesterday and then take out a new 2010 x 15 today I have to say the x star with the plug and play ballast was awesome and watching watson ride was incredible guy is real laid back and humble guy....meeting another supra owner (rance )was great, summer is looking better and better all the time rance get ready for the pwt and boomsday with more pros youll love living in e tn

Fman
05-15-2010, 12:59 AM
rance it was great meeting you and so glad I could hook you up with riding with shaun also thanks for volunteering at wildwings on the last minute call Anytime there is pros in town I will let you know

Went out with watson for 2 days Im friends with the mc dealer in town and alot of the people from mc the as well... I got to drive watson behind 1 of 3 PWT x stars yesterday and then take out a new 2010 x 15 today I have to say the x star with the plug and play ballast was awesome and watching watson ride was incredible guy is real laid back and humble guy....meeting another supra owner (rance )was great, summer is looking better and better all the time rance get ready for the pwt and boomsday with more pros youll love living in e tn

You mean the hard tanks arent enough weight to develop a competition wake!?!? Hey, this sounds familiar.... why is Skiers Choice using bags and not hard tanks? Hmmmm.... Looks like SC was on to something all along :D I have drove an '07 MC X-15 (brother in laws boat), nice boat, but I still like my Supra better :) Now an X-star, never been in one or behind one but they look bad *ss. Guess they should for $100k.

mapleleaf
05-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Sounds like a great day on the water, I'd say Jason should be runn'in for Prez...

Fman, I drove an older (maybe 1st gen.?) X Star a couple years ago and for it's size it really handled pretty well, The wake was a beast as I remember......

jasonba1
05-18-2010, 08:30 AM
Hey Rance or anyone else Ill be out pulling pro zane schweck on monday at concard marina from 12- 6 if you wanna come out for another pull and demo

87SunSportMikeyD
05-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Freaking awesome! Been watching Insane Zane since day 1

jasonba1
05-18-2010, 03:04 PM
hes a great guy we have hung out quite a few times....they called me yesterday and wanted to know If I drive the boat and of course I jumped on it again.

RanceOU
05-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Dang.... I am in Texas for the next two weeks. I wish I could have made it, Owell maybe next time.

jasonba1
05-19-2010, 08:07 AM
thats right forgot about you going to texas , becareful and well see you in two weeks