PDA

View Full Version : Fat Sac Holder?

jet
05-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Should I build a wall to contain the fat sac holder?? Or should I leave it open? When I fill my 650 it turns into a big fat blob and starts rolling toward the engine cover, so. Should I build a wall there? Or leave it open to through ropes and storage stuff? Jet

Memmer99
05-14-2010, 07:42 PM
Maybe build a wall with a flip down door or something like that. Then you can have all the storage plus a secure spot for the sac. Hows the wake with that 650? I just bought one for my boat too. I threw my old 350 up front and I bought a 750 for a surf sac. I can't wait to try it all out.

jet
05-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Oops. mine is a 750 also and I throw a 400 upfront but Its not enough. Im having to go back to 550's beside the eng and 400 behind the eng and then 100lbs in the front. No floor space but that works!

sybrmike
05-16-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm thinking of adding one kinda like memmer mentioned. Have preliminary sketch of new rear bench seat with the bottom cushion made so it can rest up top next to the ski locker cover for additional sundeck. The bottom cushion has a hinged "wall" mounted to the front edge of the seat bottom. The wall will fold flat against the bottom when the cushion in serving as a seat, then hinged down to serve as a "wall" when up top as a deck. This way I can have a 400lb sac in the new rear bench seat base while still sitting in the rear bench, or add another 400lb sack on top in the expanded sundeck mode. Just an idea...

87SunSportMikeyD
05-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Jet pretty pretty please get some pics or better a video of that setup and your wake! You are the only one i know who surfs a Comp and I would love to see it documented.

I am frankly amazed you can get on plane with that weight setup! Does it struggle at all? I mean dude you are running as much weight as I do in the SunSport! That is amazing hehe!

I think I need to try your setup and see how the wake does. I am starting to think maybe my current weighting-configuration is arranged right to get the optimal wake....
Basically I think I would leave my 350 in the rear ski locker and 250 under the rear bench seat. Then I would take my two 400's from the bow and put them alongside the doghouse. Then I would take my surf sac and put it in the bow and fill it minimally or as needed (1-?00 lbs). Then again, our boats probably need to be weighted differently due to the hull design and where the cabin is placed ontop the hull.

jet
05-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Im going out tomorrow with the flip and I have a 750-400-400-350 sac. So i will post for everyone. I dont surf behind my boat?? I surf behind my buddies ssv 24. My old set up for the comp was 550's beside the eng-400 behind the eng and 100 in the front. Its great but it takes 30 mins to fill and 35 mins to drain and there is no room!! But I sold the 550's and tried the 600-650 in the rear and the 400 up front but that didnt work. i'll post tomorrow. Jet