PDA

View Full Version : mufflers

ess3489
05-17-2010, 11:52 AM
i have an 89 supra conbrio and had one muffler leaking water. so i pulled the rear seat and gas tank and removed the muffler to find it cracked....... now i need to find a replacment muffler.
where is the best place to find a replacement muffler?

and could i just run a straight exhaust hose instead of a muffler?the muffler now has no type of baffle or anything its pretty much a straight shot through the muffler with a little bit of baffles.

thanks for any help

ess3489
05-31-2010, 07:09 PM
im having the hardest time finding a the mufflers for this boat. i called viper customs but he wont return my messages. does anyone know where i could look for these mufflers?

and has anyone run straight exhaust hose instead of mufflers and will this cause any problems? the mufflers had hardly any baffles to prevent water from going back into the motor so i figure running straight exhaust wouldnt be a problem. the boat also has the flaps on the outside of the boat exhaust to prevent water from flowing back into the motor.

please anyone have any experience with this

jasonba1
05-31-2010, 08:00 PM
call ultra marine (865) 856-9662 they make most of the marine mufflers in the industry and there is a good chance they probably made yours as well

foxriverat
06-02-2010, 05:58 AM
Try rex marine. http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=161103&Category_Code=silencers-inline-insert These are the ones I ordered for my 96 comp.

ess3489
06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
ill try both of those.... how quiet are those silencers? i like the sound of the exhaust so i dont want it completelyquiet. also has anyone tried running straight pipe or is that possible? because that would sure be cheaper

foxriverat
06-03-2010, 05:52 AM
The silencers are by far silent. They give the boat a very nice rumble.