PDA

View Full Version : Brackets for Swim Platform

Supra 538
05-20-2010, 09:16 AM
I have a 1999 comp and found the brackets that hold the swim platform on are loose. I tried to tighten them but the bolt appears to be stripped. Does anyone know if the bolt is threaded into fiberglass only? Is it trough bolted into the transmon with a nut inside the boat? I opened the trunk but found the gas tank appears to be at the back of the boat where the swim platform bolt would come through. Before tearing the trunk and gas tank apart I wanted to see if there is a better option.

jet
05-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Im sure they go all the way through, so you might have to check on the inside to tighten. Jet

wotan2525
05-20-2010, 11:04 AM
There should be a plate or nut on the back side -- you'll have to get under the gas tank and hope that by 1999 they figured out that they shouldn't lay the floor over this area. Good luck.

Some of my bolts are loose and leaky. There is flooring/fiberglass between my gas tank and that area. I think this summer I'm going to start experimenting with trying to find an insert/anchor that might hold this tight and be "sort of" water tight with 3M 4200. Sounds fun, right?

tg0824SSVGG
05-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Not so sure guys - I don't know about a 99, but the newer ones have TONS of
descriptions of just being mounted into the glass. I would find a way to make it thru hull
before it tears off an goes to the bottom.

KO1 on this site had his pull out last year...

https://forum.supraboats.com/showpost.php?p=21866&postcount=35

saltare inverts
05-20-2010, 06:15 PM
I had same problem. I took out gas tank and locker. Then I put in ss washers and bolts all the way through. I used large fender washers on inside. Solid now.

Supra 538
05-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Thank you for the input. I will work on it this weekend.