PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing and What is this piece for? Older sunsport

dshaff24
05-23-2010, 04:26 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1329/6245701/22718017/387553442.jpg

Here is a pic of what I got done so far, I know there is a small piece of wood that cross's the front of the tank for the blower vent but should there be a open floor from where the blower vent to the removable floor is?

saltare inverts
05-23-2010, 06:24 PM
On mine there is a round vent tubing running from blower to a hole in the removable floor piece. That way air is sucked from motor area through blower and out the back of the boat.

ngavchris
05-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Mine looks just like yours when my rear seat is removed. I actually have a plastic cover that goes in my middle seat to access the rudder and other items.

dshaff24
05-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Mine looks just like yours when my rear seat is removed. I actually have a plastic cover that goes in my middle seat to access the rudder and other items.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1329/6245701/22718017/387569720.jpg

This piece here is what I Do not know where it came from! Im thinking it might be the piece that you just mentioned inside the rear bench!

salitare - Did you just have a piece that is say 4 inch x the width of the bilge valley with a blower vent hole? Or did it fill the whole gap that I got?

Im thinking from the back of the boat there is a little gap in the gas tank from the back of the hull to allow the fuel lines and air flow to the back vents, Then a 4xwidth of bilge valley to mount blower vent and then a Gap till the floor access cover? Am I correct? And then im guessing the bench seat has a access panel which could be in the pic I just posted!

Any input would be great! Thanks

dshaff24
05-23-2010, 09:44 PM
One more question, The gas tank straps that mount it down, Seems like the rear strap is higher then the front strap! So I don't remember if there was wood mounted lower in the stringers or if it just mounted on top the main stringers

brack
05-23-2010, 10:51 PM
On mine , there is a 2 x 2 piece that crosses the stringers.....the tank straps are screw down to it.....also here is how the vent looks on mine also......

Okie Boarder
05-24-2010, 12:12 PM
I can't help you on the vent lines because my 89 is different. That piece looks similar to what I had for access under the rear seat to the bilge area.

My strap over the tank seemed like they were basically on the stringers in the back and on the floor plywood on the front. I placed them a little different on the rebuild and reshaped them to fit where I wanted. I'd say to just do what works for you on where you want to bolt them down.

Graeme
05-31-2010, 10:33 AM
That carpeted piece you have sits inside the middle rear seat bench. That way, when you pop out the middle rear seat, and pull up that carpeted piece, you can acces the rudder assembly.