PDA

View Full Version : '90 Sunsport Vinyl Replacement

benjuelos
05-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know of a vinyl to replace the white(ish) vinyl in a 1990 Sunsport? I could probably send a sample somewhere, but if someone has a known match it would keep me from having to cut a piece from what I have and save a bit of time. I'm not redoing any, but just adding a little extra. Thanks in advance.

Also, new to the forum and love what you guys have here.

- Ben

saltare inverts
05-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks for joining us here. From what I have found out, even if you were to find the same vinyl as what is in the boat it wont exactly match. Vinyl fades over time in the sun. Best bet is to take a sample or send it off to achive the best result, imo.

bens 1985 supra sunsport
05-25-2010, 08:41 AM
The closest thing I could find for my 85 sunsport was from Veada.com. They will send you sample of everything they offer.

http://veada.com/

techsledder
05-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Does anyone know of a vinyl to replace the white(ish) vinyl in a 1990 Sunsport? I could probably send a sample somewhere, but if someone has a known match it would keep me from having to cut a piece from what I have and save a bit of time. I'm not redoing any, but just adding a little extra. Thanks in advance.

Also, new to the forum and love what you guys have here.

- Ben

Ben,
I have a 1990 sunsport as well. I may have a place you could steal a scrap of vinyl to help your matching. This weekend I took off the teak wood items and started to refinish them. The motor cover has a small compartment on it encased in a teak surround. When I took that off the surround there was several overlapping pieces under that could be cut off & used as scraps for matching.
I have probably have the same color white as you. Unfortunately I have to 1) live with the issues or 2) do some vinyl repair as well or 3) re-upholster the boat some day.
Hope this helps, Paul

NeilMcg
06-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Supra used Omnova Solutions as their OEM supplier in the late 80's. If you can find a dealer, they should be able to help you.