PDA

View Full Version : Need help troubleshooting Tower Lights

Sluggo
05-30-2010, 12:59 AM
They worked last year, at least last time I recall using them. Today, have not had it out this year yet, I have no power to the switch. If I put 12v to the bottom wire of the switch, they work. If I put 12v on the middle wire and flip the switch they work. IE, switch is good and wiring back to lights from switch appear good. Confirmed no power to switch. Trying to trace the middle red 12v supply wire back it goes under the dash and into a huge bundle that I am afraid to cut the ties on. Regardless I thought I would see the larger guage single red wire come out of the bundle somewhere. But after an hour or so with a flashlight and a mirror, nothing. I have checked ACC and ACCY breakers and neither are tripped, but I am not certain they are wired into either of those breakers. These are factory Roswell lights on a 2005 22 SSV GG. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

Sluggo
06-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Looked at this again today and realized that the wire goes into the bundle and then into a conduit and then runs up toward the front of the boat??? So I was looking at the main circuit breaker panel and a little puzzled on how that is wired and how to get a look inside. Do the terminals on each side correspond to particular circuit and if so, how do you know which one? Or is that just a + and - bus on each side? There did not appear to be an wiring coming in from the back, but I did not get a good view of the top. If someone could give me a quick overview of the breaker box that would be great. Tks, Dave

Sluggo
06-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Ok, so sabotaged myself as far as what caused the problem. To save time, and my arms, I removed the light bar this winter to polish everything and replaced the LED courtesy lights and one of the spot lights. When I replaced the spot lights I inadvertantly hooked blue to blue. Not good. My tower has blue as power and black as ground, but the lights have blue and white leads. I could have sworn that is how they were, dang it. So, once that was corrected I can now operate the lights with the switch, but still have no power to the switch. I temporarily/permanently fixed that with a new power lead and fuse, but that begs the question of where is the original supply wire and where is the fuse I blew? I have looked all over under the dash and behind the passenger compartment. The only other place I can think of is behind the sub enclosure before it goes up the tower. Any other ideas?

docdrs
06-30-2010, 03:50 PM
do you have fuses or resettable circuit breakers?

Sluggo
06-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Fuses for the balast pumps and amps, breakers for everything else. The ACC and ACCY breakers show good, IE power flowing through them, but still no power to factory wire supplying voltage to the switch. I thought I had read that some boats required the dealers to install light bars and speakers but this is a 2005 GG, so not sure if it was done at the factory or if the factory did it the same way a dealer would have.

jonyb
07-01-2010, 10:15 AM
I think most boats have their accessories installed at the dealers. MY 07GG was put together at the dealer while I was waiting on it. I don't think they had much business doing that.