PDA

View Full Version : Need flaps thinking of removing fresh air exhaust HELP

rwadlow
06-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Okay we had fresh air exhaust put on at the dealer for 2002 Supra 21V launch boat is quiet can hear fan belt no exhaust while surfing PERFECT . The only thing if we go above 30 MPH the right side of the exhaust rips off husbands tightens is back , did the same thing on Sunday was worried about water going in with the flaps gone but it was okay. So now we are thinking of removing fresh air exhaust not for us. I will be selling if anyone interested may work better for you not for me (just as an FYI) ...

Now my question is I am sure we will need to put the flaps back on. Going to call dealer to see if they still have them . If not where do I get them ?
thanks so much , Rheanna :cool:

jet
06-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Ahhh, did you say something? I'm still looking at your avatar picture. lol

dont think you have to worry about the water getting in there, Its always in there, the flaps are for backing up and getting excessive water in there. But I think it cant make it back to the engine and hurt it anyway. .02

87SunSportMikeyD
06-01-2010, 10:43 AM
My FAE has never fallen off, powerturns or any speed of driving. Please contact Larry Mann directly for tips to prevent it from coming off. Only time it should come off is in case of extreme stress that may break the unit. Probably just needs some more hose clamps or something simple imho. I cannot imagine being without my FAE again - you can barely even talk inside the boat while driving!

98outback
06-01-2010, 10:50 AM
My FAE on my 2003 ssv kept coming off and Larry corrected the problem. The center piece of the FAE that goes straight down was not the correct length. It was too long so he sent me the correct size piece and I never had another problem. Larry is a good guy and should be able to help you out. You will def notice a difference with the fumes when wakesurfing if you take it off. Do what you can to keep it on there.

rwadlow
06-01-2010, 10:54 AM
After wakesurfing for like 2 hours boat bogged down when pulling rider back fired but could be from last years gas (water in gas) and surfing for 2 hours and not running the engine hard ......however it has never done that before
So now I am just freaked out about FAE and also i can't hear when I start the boat . I tend to be a mechanical worry wart and my dealer also thinks maybe I should of not modified the boat when I talk to him this morning, so I am just going to take it off.
My dealer has the flaps and overnighting them to me , just for FYI they are 3.5 in diameter I went to skidim and found them ........

87SunSportMikeyD
06-01-2010, 05:15 PM
FAE has absolutly nothing possible to do with backfire. Old gas or engine issue imho. CALL LARRY MANN!!!!!!! I am blown away you are just going to remove the FAE because of one small problem and a blowback which has not been traced to the FAE at all??? Plz call Larry.

jclose8
06-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Wow. I tried to read your post, but your lack of punctuation was making my head hurt.

Instead of reading the rest of it, I just decided to look at this picture in your profile. It was much easier to comprehend.

https://forum.supraboats.com/picture.php?albumid=37&pictureid=308

Hopefully everything works out for you.

saltare inverts
06-01-2010, 05:51 PM
I want to ride on that boat.

Mani
06-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I want to ride on that boat.

There's a boat? ;)

jclose8
06-01-2010, 08:48 PM
There's a boat? ;)

I love motorboating.

sybrmike
06-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Why do I feel the urge to make motorboating sounds?

mapleleaf
06-01-2010, 11:02 PM
ok ok, somewhere somebodies FAE isn't working out.....are we helping anymore?????

saltare inverts
06-01-2010, 11:31 PM
I totally understand having a FAE. It is just not for me. I will never have it. It would be nice to have a quiet boats at times, uh ok not really. I listen to the boat all the time for unusual sounds. Not being able to hear it would confuse me. I can relate to were she is coming from. Different boats for different folks.

dshaff24
06-01-2010, 11:54 PM
This thread gets 5 stars :p

Fman
06-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Wow, this makes me want to go out and buy an FAE.... maybe two of 'em after seeing those pics :p and god bless america.... gotta love it.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
06-02-2010, 12:42 AM
I would like to be your friends to find beautiful women like that.....

Water Dog
06-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Allegro, the correct verbage is "beautiful womens", a plethora of beautiful womens. Just helpin a brotha out...

Bahahaha, sorry just had to add to the off beat chaos

kodybyron
06-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Ok! Ok! i see we need to start a "Boat Babes" thread...agree?

87SunSportMikeyD
06-02-2010, 12:24 PM
I would have to respectfully disagree. I can hear just as much or more by listening to the actual ENGINE noise which is now audible since I am not being blasted out by EXHAUST noise. If I hear a knock or a blowback I can take off the engine cover and actually hear the noise at the engine many times. Also if needed you can always hear the exhaust at full volume if you run the boat on the trailer out of the water. Sorry to be defensive but the FAE is my favorite boat mod and I would never have a boat without it. I can actually hold a converstaion while I am driving.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
06-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Boat Babe, yes yes this is a good idea

saltare inverts
06-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Boat babes thread. Why hasnt that been done already?