PDA

View Full Version : Warning Beep

Memmer99
06-01-2010, 01:32 PM
We were out on the lake this weekend and the boat ran great but for some reason my warning beep would not turn off. I kept checking the temp and it was not that. Every once in a while the fuel light would come on (with almost a full tank) but never stay on. The beep would just not go away, so annoying. Volts looked good at about 13.5.

When we were surfing the oil light came on but that was after the beep had been on for all Friday and part of Saturday.

Anyone know if the warning beep could be hooked to the tranny as well? That's the one thing I forgot to check. Any suggestions would be great!

wotan2525
06-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I believe my warning beep was disconnected when I bought it. At some point I reconnected it -- and it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeped.

I disconnected it, again. Problem solved.

Memmer99
06-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Does every guage have it's own beep box? Which one did you unplug, location would be excellent?

Thanks,

sybrmike
06-01-2010, 05:41 PM
My 89 Saltare had a single idiot light/buzzer board that all the gauges ran to - located up under the port side of the dash. I'm not hooking it up to the new gauges just for this reason.

wotan2525
06-02-2010, 01:42 AM
Mine has several idiot lights but only one buzzer -- I don't remember for sure where it was except that it was under the dash and pretty obvious when you started feeling things. Good luck and (of course) double check that oil pressure/temp/fuel/etc are good before disabling things designed to save your ass. ;) My idiot lights are also super flakey and I have no idea how they actually work -- it's not like there's a computer in there.

BigCity444
06-02-2010, 11:54 AM
My battery light will beep anytime I turn on the radio with the engine on. New battery, even replaced the alternator once. Still getting 13.5 amps. We have just gotten used to cruising while listening the engine. Any advise on how to disconnect it?