PDA

View Full Version : 92 Supra Comp

rocknracing
06-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Not sure if this is in the correct forum but do the late 1992 Supra comp boats have wood stringers or fiberglass? Is there any way to tell? This is going to be our first boat and really don't want to have to replace them. Some of my family have had 87-89 and they ended up having to have them replaced. Any thing else we should be looking for? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

04Gravity
06-01-2010, 07:12 PM
My 92 Comp has no wood at all in it. 1992 was the year they did the change over to composite so half are wood and half arent. Some people say that if it has the rounded windshield it is composite and if it has the square windshield it has wood. When I went to buy mine I brought a drill and the tiniest drill bit I could find in my garage. I opened the motor box and drilled a small pilot hole about 2" deep into the stringer next top the motor mounts and looked at the shavings that came out of the bit. No wood.

Morphix
06-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Yep, Grav is dead on the money, in 92' Supra swapped to the all fiberglass design. If it has the Rounded Windshield then its all composite and fiberglass. If it has the square windshield, it has wood stringers.