PDA

View Full Version : Gas tank pushing fuel out.

jet
06-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Has anyone fixed this problem yet? Full tank sitting in the sun, it pumps fuel out of the vent tube.

dickboxers
06-03-2010, 02:12 PM
I was just fixing to post a thread about this. It did it to me this weekend for the second time. I seems to only happen if i park on the side of the road with my drivers side in the ditch. I messed up another spot on the road. My other spill is still visible from last year.

saltare inverts
06-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I have found that not filling gas tank so full eliminates this problem. On my boat it does that from gas expanding in heat and pushing out the vent tube. Little less gas, expansion is not enough to push gas out tube. I am only talking a gallon less, not much. IMO

Okie Boarder
06-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Mine hasn't ever done this, but I park mine in the garage for now. How full is your tank when it does this?

jet
06-04-2010, 12:53 AM
It was filled on the way to the lake, and then we drove it over and went on Chads boat so It sat in the sun for like 4-6 hrs. Now, my tank is only 18 or 19 gals and I cant afford to leave a gal out. That only lasts like 3/4 of the day before Its time to fill up again. I hate all of the little stuff on this boat. Im not use to little things.:-D

GravityQueen
06-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Then its time for that bigger boat you were talking bout this last weekend...