PDA

View Full Version : What board do I get?

blackout00
06-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I want to buy a wakeboard to keep on the boat for fun. The problem is that I am 6'3" and my wife is 5'4". Would something in the 140's be ok for us both. I am going to buy something used, just to get started. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Okie Boarder
06-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I'd go big enough for you to ride and stay to the large side. How much do you think she would ride? That could make a difference. It will be easier for her to get up on a bigger board and she could get some good pop off the wake. I've heard maneuverability may suffer a bit, but never actually noticed that myself.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Personally I wouldnt recommend it. You wife needs a 132 or 134 and you need a 144 or 146, I wouldnt go any smaller or you are gonna be sinking the tip all the time when you try to land a jump. You can find cheaper boards at boardersmall.com or wakeworld classifieds.

jzelt
06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
They (being smaller/lighter people) have a tough time getting the board down in the water enough to get out on it as well.

I (215#) have ridden 134 "successfully" if all you want to do is get on the water and ride. I had difficulty landing anything because like was said before, it sinks. I have noticed with a 144, it lands smooth and doesn't kick out from under me.

blackout00
06-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks for all the replies...I just found out that the local shop at the lake does rentals, so we are going to rent some stuff for this summer and then buy some stuff at season end on closeout. This will be the best for us since we have the difference in size. It is only 30 dollars a day for newer boards, so I think that is fair...:)

KG's Supra24
06-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Also check out evogear.com. They carry alot of 09 models and have them on closeout. Plus right now i think they are running an additional 25% off on closeout items.

Last years model is a great way to save $$$.