PDA

View Full Version : Can't see pictures

KG's Supra24
06-04-2010, 10:43 AM
I have a buddy who joined the forum within the last couple days. It is not letting him see pictures that people have "attached". He can see the ones that are in the message, not attached.

Any ideas?

Thanks

tg0824SSVGG
06-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Make sure he's ACTUALLY logged in. I know that people that aren't members can't see pictures.

SOMETIMES, depending on the source where the photo is stored, I can't see them
either - and I am a moderator on here!

Give us some more details, For example, have him give you a link to a page where
he's not able to see them.

Todd

KG's Supra24
06-04-2010, 12:13 PM
He showed me the May/April thread in general chat and could not see them. I made sure he was logged in.

It gives him a link to click on to view the picture (I see small image on mine).

We went to his profile and filled out his birthdate thinking it was possible they wanted to make sure you were over 18 ... ? Anyways, that didnt help either. Also checked the other settings related to how threads are viewed and all seemed good. I dont remember setting anything up for myself.

He clicks on the link, then is redirected to a error message saying he cannot view them.

Hey buddy, chime in here and let us know what the error message says, that may help.

tg0824SSVGG
06-04-2010, 12:17 PM
KG - can he see the ones in this message:

https://forum.supraboats.com/showpost.php?p=34716&postcount=5

I can see these -- it takes a minute for them to show up.

Has he made sure his browser is not blocking "pop-ups"?

Sometimes when I can't see the attachments, I don't get an error message, they "just don't work"
and I haven't figure out what is wrong ...

KG's Supra24
06-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Apperently he is a little shy. This is the message he is getting ...

dhill, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: **********
******1. * *Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit *******
*********someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? *******************
******2. * *If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting *****
*********activation.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-04-2010, 05:50 PM
That stinks! I had a similar problem once for a few weeks - it just went away eventually. Make sure he is clicking the 'remember me' box by the login screen. Mine would keep logging me out everytime I clicked a new link and wouldnt open any pics or let me post.

KG's Supra24
06-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Sooo .. no ideas?

tg0824SSVGG
06-07-2010, 06:10 PM
KG - who is the user?

I can check to see if something looks strange in their account, but I don't think
that there would be.

As Mikey said - sometimes it kicks you out after each click.

I have ONLY ever seen those messages when not logged in.

KG's Supra24
06-08-2010, 10:10 AM
dhill is the user.

I checked the log in thing multiple times. Maybe it will self correct itself, who knows. Maybe take a glance at his settings if you get a chance. Other than that .. we will see what happens.

Appreciate the help.

tg0824SSVGG
06-08-2010, 10:23 AM
KG -- it's been SO long since I signed up here, but I think in order to complete your
user "sign up" - I think you're sent an email that you have to respond to in order
to be a fully approved user.

I say this, because when I look at dhill's settings, it shows he's in the group:

"Users awaiting email confirmation"

This leads me to believe there is some step not yet performed on dhill's part.

He needs to look for this email (could be in his spam catcher)

Can you find out please?

I can't change this level - I can only "see it". (well, I "might" be able to change it, but
I don't know if anything else happens when he would respond, other than to change his
primary user group to "Registered users")

Todd

KG's Supra24
06-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the help Todd.

He got it figured out. It was the confirmation email causing all the problems.

tg0824SSVGG
06-09-2010, 02:05 PM
No worries, we would still be chasing our tails if I didn't think to look at his profile !