PDA

View Full Version : im lost on this you tube video! Mastercraft submarine

dshaff24
06-05-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJAAeAIX-8I

I can not figure out What actaully happend for the boat to do this! Any ideas?

Kip
06-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Talk about taking a little water over the bow. WOW

I couldn't believe the boat surfaced after getting that much water in it.

Mani
06-06-2010, 01:04 AM
I spotted that about a month ago trying to figure out what a powerturn was, and I've watched it over and over. I can't figure it out either. Hopefully someone knows.

klewis
06-06-2010, 02:01 AM
My theory is he threw it into reverse and cranked the wheel over hard to create even more drag. Watch when it shows it the second time in super slow motion, just before it dives pay attention to his throttle arm. You can see him pull back hard on it and then the submarine ensues.

Matt Laird
06-06-2010, 06:28 AM
Wow what an idiot, I would prob be offended if it were anything other than MC...

michael hunter
06-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Klewis is right definitely done deliberately. Watch the girl she knew it was coming. Looked to me like he hit reverse. A shame to do that to any boat even a MC.

beast 496
06-06-2010, 08:37 AM
I do not believe they hit reverse, but rather lowered one of the wedges down. The prop would not create enough drag in reverse, This is simmilar to a pwc shifting the water gate into reverse. Lowering the wedge would raise the rear and lower the front, just placing into reverse would do the opposite effect due to shaft angles. Either way extremly dumb move. Al

Kip
06-06-2010, 09:39 AM
I just watched it again, and also emailed it to a friend with about the same MC to see if we were going to give this a try this summer:) It looks like he cranks the wheel like crazy to starboard right before it goes under. He has his timing down that's for sure. Even though it makes me cringe to see a boat treated like that I bet the crowds love it.

motoman160
06-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Well if you have never done a power turn its pretty simple you just crank the wheel and the boat will spin on a dime at least in a DD i have a legacy that you can whip around like a jetski, he did NOT put it in reverse he just turned in to a wake as soon as water was over the bow it is like a shovel and she fills up yeah what a idiot

docdrs
06-06-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm thinking he cut power cranked the rudder hard right and hit the throttle again to send the thrust downward and drive the back up.......the propshafts are offcenter left as on sc boats so it might work on the kanga