PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Sunsport Completely Custom

knoxsupra
06-06-2010, 01:32 PM
1986 21' Supra Sunsport Wakeboard Boat $14,500

I bought the boat back 2006 completely stock, over the past four years I have completely rebuilt the boat from the Hull UP! Everything is custom and done by me. The boat has never been in a shop other than to have the boat cover made. You can see I have added custom gunwales on each side of the interior with four drink holders and custom LED lighting that illuminates red at night matching the red back light guages at night.

Every wire in the boat is brand new as of 2008, custom fiberglass dash with 2005 Supra Beede guages, Carling (carver boats) switches that illuminate Red at night as well. The boat has a custom battery tray for Two batteries with a battery selector switch inbetween them. Three Alpine amplifiers power the 6 interior (infinity) speakers, 4 Tower (Polk Audio) speakers, and an Alpine Type R 12" Sub. A Pioneer head unit with Ipod control and custom remotes at the transom and helm control the sound. The floors and stringers we redone in 2006 along with a rebuild of the 351 PCM motor and Velvet Drive transmission.

This boat is completely custom, one of kind boat! You won't find any other boat on the market that looks as good as her. The only reason to sell her is we just had a baby and my wakeboarding days are over. We're looking to move up to a cruiser now.

Custom Trailer w/ Diamond Plate
12 Speaker Sound System
New Custom Interior & Carpet
Custom Wake Board Tower/Speakers
All New Electrical System
Custom Graphics
Custom 351 PCM V8 Motor (rebuilt in 2006)
Custom Dash Display (2005 Supra Guages)
Interior LED Lighting
Custom Sunbrella Bimini Top & Boat Cover

Call Ryan at (865) 438-7878 for more details

jasonba1
06-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Ryan (Bowie) say it aint so>>>>for anyone looking for a nice boat this one is awesome. It looks even better in person and Ryan is a good guy

knoxsupra
06-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Yes, unfortunately our family has out grown the Supra Sunsport and we are ready to move up to a cruiser. I appreciate the nice comments on the boat Jason. I'm sad to have to put her up for sale but hopefully she'll go to a great Supra owner that will take as much care of her as I have. Hey melissa and I are planning to go to Wild Wings for the rail jam this thursday, if you have time stop by and say hi Jason.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-07-2010, 12:57 PM
This is probably the boat that helped me decide to get a SunSport. Thanks for all your contributions to this forum!

saltare inverts
06-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Love the boat.. I dont think a cruiser is moving up. Just changing. Will you rebuild it also or get newer one. So sad that boat is awesome.

knoxsupra
06-07-2010, 07:32 PM
True, True... I meant moving up in size. It is sad to see her go (possibly) we just won't get to use her that much this year because of the baby. He needs his air conditioning and warm bottles.

Most likely I'll get a cruiser and fix her up like I did with My Supra, but my time has become very limited so I don't think I'll be able to go to the lengths I have with the Supra... Thanks for all the replies guys, lets get her sold though..

purple boat
06-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Beautiful job on the boat. I looked at a lot of the work you were doing last year. Gave me some ideas for my ride. How about keep her for a couple years until the little one can walk and then work on having the youngest wakeboarder in history?

87SunSportMikeyD
06-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Who says babies need air conditioning? They do need a bimini for sure... I read a story of a couple who took their 2mo old on a 2 week grand canyon raft trip with no group just the two parents, lol. Sounds like a crapload of work though.

Do cruisers have A/C??????

knoxsupra
06-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Yes cruiser's if their big enough have A/C...

Our son was three weeks old the first time we took him out on the boat, he enjoys it and has been out every weekend since. But, he gets hot.

I appreciate all the nice comments, she's been a labor of love.

knoxsupra
06-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Hey everyone I finaly got a chance on this rainy Saturday morning to take some pictures of the interior of the boat

knoxsupra
06-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Here are some more pictures

ngavchris
06-13-2010, 06:09 AM
Your boat looks great. I would just go buy a houseboat and keep the Supra. Then you will still have something to pull everybody with.

knoxsupra
06-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Hey guys I just wanted to say thanks for all the great comments on the Boat.

She has been sold, her new Owner has already enjoyed her and I'm sure will take great care of her.

jasonba1
06-21-2010, 12:36 PM
thats awesome man great quick sale give me a shout when you get a min

svahle
06-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to say thanks for all the great comments on the Boat.

She has been sold, her new Owner has already enjoyed her and I'm sure will take great care of her.

She is in good hands, Ryan. My pleasure to meet you. I'm looking forward to enjoying your dedication and hard work. :D Take care and thanks again.

sunsport22
01-28-2011, 03:17 PM
did you do the interior yourself or someone else and how expensive was it?

87SunSportMikeyD
01-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Svahle you picked up this gorgeous supermodel of a boat? You lucky dog you! I expect vids!

svahle
01-28-2011, 07:06 PM
sunsport22 - Ryan (previous owner) did all the interior himself. I don't know the cost to him, but I know many hours went into it. He did a great job.

Mikey - Yep, she's all mine. I hope to get some vids this year. You might recall I spent a good part of last summer sorting through a fuel issue which turned out to be pieces from the lining of a fuel line in the tank plugging up the pickup tube screen. So I'm hoping to have more trouble free time on the water this summer. Frankly, I'm ready for some warm weather. Here in Missouri we've been a bit cold.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I have heard of that issue with deteriorating fuel lines. That stinks!! I was out all of last summer with a blown motor. $2700 later we are ready to rawk this summer. Sucks but what can you do. I now have a private mechanic and lots of good hookups I didnt have before LOL!! I must admit it stole a little of my enthusiasm to be drydocked for so long. I really need to get back into boarding this summer. The engine thing has made me a little paranoid to run lots of ballast though. My mechanic says not to worry. Oops end rant!