PDA

View Full Version : bent strut

sftbll5
07-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Just bought a cherry 90 sunsport , no lake around when I went to pick it up so looked it over started it on hose and decided that anything this clean and well kept was ok "WRONG". first ime on water noticed vibration out of hole and at high rpm off to the prop shop . After sitting under the boat and reading about alignment on this site I have noticed that the strut is bent and the shhaft is rubing on two oppisite sides from front to back this is wrong, but can I have a machine shop fix this or do I have to find another one and where? Help No clue about inboards still cooler than a I/O

dndsam
07-10-2004, 09:47 AM
You would be very lucky to get a machine shop to straighten it up, uven if you did, you would have to replace the bushing as well. Alignment is critical. Get ahold of Vince at Discount Inboard Marine and he should be able to give you better advice.

www.skidim.com

87 Blue Saltare
08-22-2004, 09:42 PM
A machine shop did straighten mine. You do need to do an alignment and replace bushings. Mine had the key and slot that held key into tranny mangled. I had the machine shop cut a new key slot and fab a new key as well. Works great...good luck.