PDA

View Full Version : Vibration with perfect pass on?

jdub667
06-07-2010, 11:32 AM
This was kinda wierd we had wakeboarded all day and just out of the blue went to pull my brother up just like all the other times and felt a vibration from the v-drive area you could feel it in your feet had the pass set at 22mph but felt the vibration as soon as i pulled him up so I let out and started again and no vibration? any ideas?

jaywidhalm
06-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Were you in an area where there was any seaweed, etc? I have had that happen when the seaweeds got on the shaft and prop. Once I stopped, backed up, and made sure they were gone, no more vibration. Just a thought...

jdub667
06-07-2010, 04:59 PM
It was pretty deep where I was around 150ft so shouldnt of been weeds but maybe just something floating that i picked up? Hope its nothing checked all the fluids and visual of all parts when i got home nothing out of the norm?

Matt Laird
06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
I once wrapped up an ice bag on my prop, one of our wonderful lake patrons must of dropped or sunk.... it was about 18-20 mph vibration any other time was ok... Took a few hr to figure it out, we finally gave up and loaded to boat before finding the problem...