PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass servo motor

ericmichaels
06-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Hey guys,
I just got my perfect pass gauge back from having them fix it (two of the buttons were not working). I installed it in my boat last week and the display works great but I noticed it was not actually controlling my speed even though it would beep to indicate it was. After going through the trouble shooting guide for perfect pass I found that my servo motor was seized. I really didnt want to spend another $100 on a new one so I took mine out and took it apart, I figured it was already broke the worst case is I would end up having to buy a new one. Well once I got it taken apart I noticed there was some rust on the gears that surround the magnets. We took a wire brush to them and cleaned them up pretty good and put it back together, the black knob turned freely now. So we put it all back in the boat turned the knob so it had some slack and then turned the key on and what do you know it actually went through and did the auto tightening like it was suppose to. I hope to get it out on the water this week just to make sure it is working, I just thought I would share this with some people because it was a really easy and quick fix if it does fully fix it.

Thanks,
Eric

87SunSportMikeyD
06-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks for sharing