PDA

View Full Version : No More Gravity Games

saltare inverts
06-08-2010, 02:15 AM
I heard today that there will not be Gravity Games edition boats. I dont know if they are changing sponsors or Skiers choice decided to move on. Either way it will end the Gravity Games options package.

tg0824SSVGG
06-08-2010, 07:09 AM
As I understand it - the actual Gravity Games have not existed for quite a while now,
and I think the 08 was the last year they offered that package.

Pretty sure even the 09 was a "Worlds" instead of GG -- but the options on the "Worlds"
were pretty similar to the GG, just the logos were different ... I think.

jonyb
06-08-2010, 08:15 AM
That's what I thought, the Worlds replaced the GG. Same hull anyway.

saltare inverts
06-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Yea same hull. So is do they have a Worlds package?

SupraTamu
06-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Well hopefully this will make the Gravity Games edition more valuable. One can only hope.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-08-2010, 11:30 AM
What about the actual competition called the Gravity Games? Is that defunct too? Wasn't it actually a network-tv event? Too bad.

saltare inverts
06-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Im guessing they got a new boat sponser. Probably a better boat like a Sea Ray or a Celebrity. Ha thatll stir it up.

tg0824SSVGG
06-08-2010, 07:15 PM
POT STIRRER!!! LOL

The Gravity Games have been gone for at least 4 years:

Gravity Games
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to:navigation, search

The Gravity Games were a multi-sport competition originating from Providence, Rhode Island that is broken down into Winter and Summer adaptations. These feature a variety of Extreme Sports such as Aggressive Inline Skating, skateboarding, Freestyle Motocross, BMX freestyle (Summer) and snowboarding (Winter).

The Gravity Games are jointly owned through a strategic partnership between Primedia, Octagon and NBC Sports.

Along with extreme sports the event also incorporates music into the festivities.

Artists:

* Sum 41
* Less Than Jake
* Simple Plan
* Static-X
* the Donnas
* Reel Big Fish
* Busta Rhymes.

The summer Gravity games were last held in Perth in Australia in December 2006.

Gravity08
06-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Sweet. My boat is an oddity now. Insurance will love that if they ever have to replace it...

tg0824SSVGG
06-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I am in the same boat ... so to speak (literally)

Hey dude, I put in an oil pump mode like yours (but with the cheaper pump) ... AMAZING!!! changed my oil in like 5 minutes total (ok, it took 20 -- but 15 of that was looking for my SMALL filter wrench) -- other vehicles are LARGE diesels that use the BIG BOY filter wrench.

What a great idea - thanks!