PDA

View Full Version : Are these replaceable?

Supra-in-steamboat
06-08-2010, 11:05 PM
This screw passes through the Super Trapp. It is connected to a bracket inside the exhaust. One of my bolts is siezed on preventing me from removing the trapp.

wotan2525
06-09-2010, 12:39 AM
I overtightened one of these bolts when I put my boat back together -- broke the shaft right off. My fix? remove a few plates and be sure I didn't overtighten the next one. Has never been a problem for me. ;)

Rat Pack
06-11-2010, 11:12 AM
This screw passes through the Super Trapp. It is connected to a bracket inside the exhaust. One of my bolts is siezed on preventing me from removing the trapp.

As stated above, just remove a few plates if you break the end of the bolt, but "stagger" the indentions for better flow of exhaust. A good shop that can weld stainless steel can fix the bolt if it breaks down inside to where you cannot re-install the plates. If you cannot find the parts, shoot me a private message as I may have a few sets of those plates and bolts left in my repair boxes from years ago...............RatPack..............

Supra-in-steamboat
06-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys
Rat Pack- super generous man, thank you.
Chalk up another victory for PB Blaster. Got the other side removed no issue. Thanks again.

Rat Pack
06-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Not a problem, glad to help anyone out with the old ones......RatPack............

rludtke
06-14-2010, 11:57 PM
If any good threads remain, you could buy a threaded coupling, a length of threaded rod, and a few jamb nuts from the hardware store. Cut the threaded rod, screw the rod to the exisiting shaft (it may need to be shortened), lock the jamb nuts, and voila!

ngavchris
06-15-2010, 12:01 AM
My bolt broke free years ago on an 83' rider. It had fiberglass pipes and it tore a hole in the pipe. We sealed the pipe and welded a new bolt to the last plate on the supertrap. Screwed it to the transom and reassembled the trapp.. worked that way for 20 years until NGAVDBA just had Donny replace with the flaps.