PDA

View Full Version : Tubing Size On Rad-A-Cage Tower 2008 Gravity Games Edition 24SSV

SupraTamu
06-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Does anybody know the tubing size of the Rad-A Cage tower? I am ordering a hydrofoil rack and need to know what size of clamp to order. I can not get to my boat until this weekend.

tg0824SSVGG
06-10-2010, 08:50 AM
2 3/8"

Are you buying the Comptech?

SupraTamu
06-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Todd,

You are correct it is 2-3/8" I called Supra this morning just to confirm before ordering. I ordered the Comptech fixed rack did not want to spend the extra money for the swivel at this point since I just bought the board and all. My undrstanding is it can be converted to the swivel at a later time. I bought my sky ski and the covers and now the rack from Lonnie at Cinchmax. He has treated me right and has done better on pricing than anywhere else I found. Now all I have to do is learn to get up on it. Taking half of next week off and going to Cedar Creek Lake with a bunch of friends and going to give this hydrofoil some serious time.

tg0824SSVGG
06-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Great!

Lonnie is a good friend of mine, he's a great guy. You can also check out eastcoasthydrofoils.com (another buddy)

I have both the swivel and the non-swivel racks. The non-swivel is fine, you
get used to how to load it. I have a buddy with 2 swivel racks that NEVER
get "moved" --

Have fun -- I don't know where Lago Vista is, but there are a LOT of foilers
in Texas -- you should go to foilforum.com and ask around (I am goinfoilin on that
site)-- the best way to learn is the ride with people that know what they are doing.

Welcome!

By the way ... NICE BOAT! ;o)

KG's Supra24
06-10-2010, 09:30 AM
I haven't looked into the foiling a whole lot because i was a little shocked by the sticker price considering we just bought the boat and all kinds of new boards.

Is it common for people to be selling used ski's? Is there anything to watch out for when buying used? It looked like to me it was going to take a couple grand just to get started, between the ski (or foil, whatever you call it) and the rack.

SupraTamu
06-10-2010, 01:08 PM
KG,

I have been looking for quite a while at used ones and most of the used ones are running $1,000 and up. I have wanted one for over ten years but never wanted to spend that kind of money but figured I am not getting any younger and went ahead and bit the bullet. I got mine from Lonnie at Cinchmax he had a 2009 PRO SS Sky Ski new and sold it to me for $1500 so I figured the extra few hundred bucks was worth getting a new one vs a used one. Go to his website www.cinchmax.com and give him a call or shoot him an e-mail and see if he has any 2009's left. I think on his website he has the 2010 PRO SS Sky Ski for like $1649. Seems to be a really top notch guy and has been very helpful. I ordered the rack from him this morning and a foil cover and board cover and from what I have checked out on the internet his pricing was better than what I could find elsewhere.

Todd,

Lago Vista is on Lake Travis in Austin Texas. I have talked with Benton Travis a couple of times several months ago for I was looking for a used board and he was helping me find one. He has offered to take me out if I like but wanted to give this a shot by myself first but you are probably right it is better to find someone who knows how to do it to learn from.

tg0824SSVGG
06-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Benton is the BOMB. Al Lewin - drives a Tige 24 (he's a pro) -- hook up with EITHER
one and you can't go wrong. Will have both of them here in a few weeks for the
National Competition that my wife and I host.

KG - Lonnie is great, you can also connect with Brad Schmidt at www.eastcoasthydrofoils.com and tell him Todd sent you. (Tell Lonnie the same) - they will take care of you. Brad is also a good friend and will be here for the tournament
as well.

They are not cheap - that's true -I bet my wife has nearly $7k in hers, but she's a
competitor and has to have the latest and greatest.

Good thing about them being expensive to buy - that means they hold on to a lot
of the value if (for some INSANE reason) you decide to sell.

Tamu - seriously - hook up with the Texas crew and you will learn from the best.

Go to www.foilforum.com and put out a request for a buddy to learn from - you will
probably hear from: Al (skyskijones) Benton (skyskidude - I think) Don (texasfoildhead)
all great guys.

Todd

SupraTamu
06-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks Todd, I will register on the forum today and put it out there.