PDA

View Full Version : Boat pulls to the left - help appreciated

szarik5
06-11-2010, 12:28 AM
I have a 92 ts6m comp that I could steer almost with one finger. During one of my test runs with a newly and improved stronger engine, my nephew swears that a giant rock jumped out of the water and ruined all the brass and stainless thingies under the water line .

I installed new skegs, rudder, shaft and stem and now the boat pulls strongly to the left. The problem is most pronounced during acceleration. Grinding the rudder helped a bit but it did not fix the uncomfortable pull to the left.

If anyone has any knowledge on the below questions, please HELP!

1. Should the fins under the boat be adjusted and if so how to do it - including measuring proceedures.
2. Is the larger propeller and added HP doing it
3. Do I have the rudder ground the right way (right side of trainling and leading edge)
4. Any chance supra sent me the wrong stem

Cant think of anything else that could be affecting the pulling problem but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ski

szarik5
06-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Just got some new information from boat designers about possible problems. I will do some trimming to the boat this week and post my results. According to them, there are a lot of boats out there with directionals steering trim problems that can be corrected.

If any one interested I can post some details.

sybrmike
06-17-2010, 10:19 PM
Yes, please do share - the more info on this board, the better. I'm curious because it looks like my shaft log does not run true to the hull centerline. It might just be my bent strut making it look worse than it is, but just in case I find myself turning in circles once/if she's ever back on the water...