PDA

View Full Version : bilge pump will not auto engage

matt_e
07-08-2004, 09:24 PM
I have a 2003 launch with a 2 way bilge switch. It will not automatically cut on from the float being engaged. I have to manually turn it on for it to work. I have checked to see if there are any obstructions and can not find any. Anything I should check?

cowan4
07-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Try to manually lift the float and see if the pump kicks on. If not, your pump or wiring to the pump for the auto bilge is broken. Replace bilge pump. If it does engage, your float could either have been stuck, or waterlogged. If stuck, clean thoroughly, if waterlogged, you will have to replace the bilge pump. DIM has them.

Hope I helped.

cowan4

matt_e
07-18-2004, 01:39 PM
I tried the accessory switches too. And I followed the wiring harness back to the dash and found no loose connections. I reset the breaker too. I finally just added another wire and connected it to the automatic wire. I wired it directly to the battery(+)and added a 3 amp fuse. It works fine now.

bmXXXboy1488
08-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Could be that carpet fibers got caught in it

We had the same problem

We just cleaned it out and then it worked properly

hope this helps

matt_e
08-14-2004, 09:35 AM
It was not carpet fibers. The test knob worked. The problem was that it was wired wrong. I was unable to get continuity in the wire hooked to automatic wire on bilge from boat harness. After wiring the bilge properly, it worked fine.

bmXXXboy1488
08-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Ah ok

easy solution :)

glad you got it to work