PDA

View Full Version : '90 John-brio

mapleleaf
06-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Making progress on the boat and hadn't start a thread here. Some pics of part of the new int. and some nasty hull shots with the decals removed and some wetsanding to come......
More pics to come when the boats back from the Mech.....

mapleleaf
06-13-2010, 09:54 AM
As you can see there's quite a bit of gel coat repair, and not to many after pics! I'm having a blast working on this thing as it comes together. More pics of the helm enclosure before I redid it...It's done but I can't prove it 'til I see the boat again..(tomorrow night dropping off hose and gaskets will try to remember camera!)

mapleleaf
06-13-2010, 10:48 AM
19'6" hull shallow like a comp.....
full list is unclear, how much time do you have ?? LOL

mapleleaf
06-16-2010, 08:07 AM
This weeks list...
new mani gaskets/ and risers
new valve cover gaskets
new plugs
new hoses
carb broken down and cleaned
trailer winch strap
2nd batt. installed
1/2 way through bow cushions and final touch ups on the doghouse.....

Picking her up fri. and will get some pics up....hoping to dive into some wetsanding and interior install sun. Not quite sure how to deal with some of the BIG chips in the topcap, Any thoughts???

johndoe777
06-16-2010, 11:14 AM
keep up the work
can't wait to see how the battery looks

Okie Boarder
06-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Looking good! Keep the info and pics coming.

mapleleaf
06-16-2010, 03:36 PM
keep up the work
can't wait to see how the battery looks

it's tight , but I've manged to get everything in there, without cutting into the floor to make a double battery tray (def. a cleaner way to go). It's primitive,but the wires are clean and strapped down and its recarpeted so it looks newer..I'm happy for this year, I'll get some pics up fri. night......

dshaff24
06-18-2010, 01:42 AM
Projects are fun but Time consuming! Fyi I couldn t get them gauges shipped till wed evening due to work so Hopefully you will get them friday

Anyway Dam those boats are LOWridERZ! Look Sweet though that way

mapleleaf
06-18-2010, 03:04 AM
No worries on the shipping, I won't be ther 'til Mon the 21st...Thanks Man..
I'm also tracking speedo pitot's, steering cable and clamp block from DIM....gonna have some fun boat work time at the lake...can't wait!!!!
No MOre Carpentry for a couple weeks!!!!
BTW Your Avatar w/tint and Tower look good, real good....

87SunSportMikeyD
06-23-2010, 02:01 PM
New interior looking good!

mapleleaf
06-23-2010, 09:10 PM
ok she's happily in her hoist here in Northern MI. Will get some pics up.
New steering cable and clamp block have eliminated any play in my steering wheel, and all the tuning up has her running great...
Looks like even with an adjustment to the electric choke spring, I'll still need to replace it, its still not working...
FYI, New speedo pitot's from DIM have me doing 44 mph, will cross reference with GPS this week...feels fast, and I LIKE IT!
If you guys are looking covers Iboats has some good deals on now...just ordered an Endura cover made out of Outdura fabric for $88.99!!!!!! Yea its brown, but you gotta do what you gotta do some times.....Brown and pink....isn't that what's cool these days???LOL

gtbrault
06-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Can't wait to see some pics. the Conbrio is the open bow comp isn't it?

mapleleaf
06-25-2010, 10:19 PM
ya, open bow, I've been too lazy to take the camera down there, that and an off white interior needs to be wiped down every 2 minutes to keep it clean. So she's needs a cleaning before the photo shoot!!!!

michael hunter
06-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Brown and pink hmm! Why dont you put a decal of a white poodle on the side. You might start a new 50s retro look. LOL

mapleleaf
06-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Brown and pink hmm! Why dont you put a decal of a white poodle on the side. You might start a new 50s retro look. LOL

LOL the" Poodle Wrap" hilarious...It was Outdura for $90 I couldn't pass it up! We'll see how it fits, I ordered one for a low profile ski boat so I'm hoping it'll be a little tighter than my first cover....

mapleleaf
06-26-2010, 08:56 PM
A few photos from the boat hoist today...Vinyl hasn't ben cleaned today/nor carpet vacuumed...Only interior piece left unstapled is the doghouse(ran out of time before vacation).....
Dshaff's speedo lenses cleaned up my old cracked plastic ones....

mapleleaf
06-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Sorry still only good with the thumbnail tech. So the night before my vacation I thought I HAD BOTH BOW SECTION TEMPLATES CUT OUT OF THE VINYL and when I went to staple the second I realized i had done two right sides, at 11 pm with no vinyl to spare so the bow doesn't match for now, but ironically it's given me a couple options to choose from, which has been enlightening......
A few more pics...Batt enclosure w/2 batt's, more interior...

mapleleaf
06-26-2010, 09:12 PM
did this work

docdrs
06-26-2010, 09:22 PM
lookin good John, enjoy your 2 weeks of fun and sun

mapleleaf
06-27-2010, 09:27 PM
couple shots from tonight when I thought I would load her with ballast..Having some pump issues.....
Pic of wake is with throttle wide open....speedo reading 43mph...

Okie Boarder
06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Looking good!

docdrs
06-28-2010, 06:17 PM
hey john, do you have a boom for that bad ass boat?

mapleleaf
06-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Nah.....Haven't footed since I was a teenager...You want to boom me up Scotty?????

gtbrault
06-29-2010, 08:20 PM
And that wake is exactly why I love my supra. I learned to ski behind a Bayliner when I was a teenager, then skied behind mastercrafts, brendellas, MBs - nothing quite like a Supra. I was reading the posts about the poodle wrap and about wet my pants - that was hilarious!
You do the vinyl yourself? Mine needs some attention - especially the rear seats, how much of a pita is it to work with?

mapleleaf
06-29-2010, 09:08 PM
And that wake is exactly why I love my supra. I learned to ski behind a Bayliner when I was a teenager, then skied behind mastercrafts, brendellas, MBs - nothing quite like a Supra. I was reading the posts about the poodle wrap and about wet my pants - that was hilarious!
You do the vinyl yourself? Mine needs some attention - especially the rear seats, how much of a pita is it to work with?

By the time I got near the end of the interior the PITA it was had worn off. Patience, time and a heat gun proved to be my best friend...It's funny I used to have a huge list of to-do's and now a yr. 1/2 later the list is small and more manageable.
Did my interior with a Kenmore machine at home, outdoor tearfree thread. It's not factory, but its a hell of a lot better than b4.Prolly gonna go back and tighten up my first seats now that I know more... Don't start with the oberver seat!!! And do yourself a favor, turn the rear bench bottom into a one piece cushion... Cleaner and it looks great!!!

mapleleaf
06-30-2010, 10:50 PM
For the first time tonight ( since I bought her) I took some friends out for the sunset and didn't have to give them any special instructions. We just went out in a boat to watch the sun go down, it just happened to be in my Supra........

gtbrault
06-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Doesn't get much better than that.

87SunSportMikeyD
07-01-2010, 11:22 AM
So you are at the cottage for two weeks then? Hope to see many pics daily!!!

mapleleaf
07-01-2010, 07:08 PM
So you are at the cottage for two weeks then? Hope to see many pics daily!!!

ya If I get any it'll be this weekend. Turns out wife and 2 yr. old add uop to no spotter, and 1 run so far..........I do what I can.....get ur boat fixed Mikey...We all need it running......

jasonba1
07-01-2010, 11:09 PM
hey maple boat is looking good man

mapleleaf
07-02-2010, 01:51 PM
hey maple boat is looking good man

thx Jason, been a lot a fun gett'in her here!!!!