PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Pumps and now Bilge

DrunkLivnOnLake
06-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi

Took the new used boat out a few times now.

Ballast pumps turn on but only run for about 20 seconds and stop, have to retoggle switch over and over to fill sacs. Anyone hear of this, idea of a solution?

Also, the rear auto bilge runs all the time now, can't shut it off unless use main boat breaker. Do I just need a new bilge pump, Sahara S500?

Thanks.

wotan2525
06-14-2010, 05:16 PM
I bet your autobilge has something in the mechanical trigger... You should be able to pull it apart and get it working again. It has a little piece that floats up with the water to turn it on... if something keeps it from going back down, it will run forever. I'd try that before a new pump.

It sounds like the pumps might be overloading the circuit for some reason? I'd check the grounds... since my boat doesn't have any auto-ballast in it, I'm probably not much help.

01launch
06-15-2010, 09:02 AM
If you have a float switch on the bilge it may be stuck I have had it happen many times in my charter boats . If you mess with it will break it loose or break but they are easy to replace and cheap just two wires. As for your ballast pupm you may wont to check your wire connections or your switch. I just had my blower switch go bad this weekend toke me 30min to figure out it was the switch and not the blower.

robdaniel1
06-15-2010, 09:42 PM
I also have an 01 Launch.

My Bilge light was staying on and the pump was not working this weekend.

I went to replace the autofloat and the bilge and found that they were not secured on the bottom of the boat, but just basically were sitting in there?

How is your float and bilge pump fastened in your Launch?

ngavchris
06-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Yes I have seen over the years that sometimes the gunk of the bilge always stays in the bilge pump screen. The float might just be hung up.