PDA

View Full Version : Teak Swim Platform

89saltare
06-14-2010, 09:58 PM
I recently purchased an 89 Saltare and absolutely love it.
I was hoping to find a teak swim platform as I really don't like the fiberglass one that came with the boat. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks and happy to have such a forum.
89 Saltare

mapleleaf
06-14-2010, 11:56 PM
check ski-it-again.com There's a guy up in Fenton MI selling new MC takeoff's for a $200 pretty regularly, that or call his Action Water Sports location...
Would need some Mod. but the price for a teak platform seems awesome....and they're new......

sybrmike
06-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Congrats on the new boat (I'm a little partial to 89 Saltares myself). Post up some pics of the ole girl! If you've got any questions on tearing it apart - I'd be glad to share what I've learned. For actual rebuilding and operation, Salty and others will have to chime in since I'm just finishing laying down the new floor.

Sorry, can't help out with the platform. I just finished passes this past weekend with 3 grits of paper, cleaner, brightener, and a quart of teak oil so far on my sadly neglected platform. Not sure it was ever oiled in 20 years by PO & still drinking it up like a sponge, so not letting this one go.