PDA

View Full Version : 600 lb bag, Question on placement

dshaff24
06-14-2010, 11:48 PM
My friend at camp sold his 2001 s/n and bought a new wakesetter so he gave me his 600 lb Sac, It came with a bag and the only label on it just Say BAG! Anybody ever heard of this oldskool Sac?

Its heavy duty and it has 2 connections on it

Anyway Do you guys just fill them up then place it over the back side and seat? Basically when these things are filled is it possible to move them around?

Mani
06-15-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm sure with a few people and elbow grease, it's movable, but I damn near killed myself trying to move a 400 lbs. sac last week when it was almost full. I was just trying to pull it back about 6 inches. It was pressed up against the engine cover and the gunwales, so that might've been the other problem, but it's not easy regardless.

01launch
06-15-2010, 09:46 AM
With a 600lbs bag you should set where it needs to go first. When you go to move make sure you wet it so it will slide and not hang up on the seats.If you are setting it over the back corner we just roll ours across the back seat instead of picking it up.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-23-2010, 12:55 PM
If you just need to shuffle them around a bit, here's how - If you want to slide the sac towards the bow, start at the transom-end of the sac. You want to do like a catapiller. Pull the rear of the sac forward to compress the sac like a catapiller, then pull on the bow-side of the sac and the scrunched up vinyl will be more towards the bow. This way you're not moving very much water around.

I would use that sac for surfing, on the floor, rear corner alongside the engine on the surfside.