PDA

View Full Version : Proud new owner of an '08 Supra 21V

cigars n scotch
06-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to finally post over here since my wife and I are now proud new owners of our very first boat, a 2008 Supra 21V. We are so damn excited about owning our own boat and are looking forward to all of the years and memories to come in the future with friends and family. We both have grown up around boats and the water and have been proud "boat whores" for the past 6 years riding with our crew on their various boats. But now we have our own and can give back!

We are picking it up next Monday, a very long haul out to Utah and back to New Jersey but we'll have a fun time making it a roadtrip vacation. Here's a pic from the dealer, and of course as soon as we pick it up we'll post more pictures of the boat and our tow rig.

Justin

P.S. There doesn't seem to be a whole bunch of activity on this forum like other dealers sites. Any reason to that? I post a lot on Wakeworld as well.

dusty2221
06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Great looking boat! Congrats on the new purchase! Make sure and post up pics from your trip to get her!

jaywidhalm
06-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Congrats, welcome to the site. Good luck on your trip, get her home safely!!

michael hunter
06-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Welcome to the family. That's quite a start for a first boat . Congrats have fun on your road trip.

Okie Boarder
06-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Congrats! Have a safe trip.

ngavchris
06-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Nice boat. Hope you have a good trip.

docdrs
06-16-2010, 01:16 AM
sweet ride, there arent as many supra owners as other mani's, and since supra has been around a long time youll find there are kinda 2 groups in here ...oldschool dd and newschool vd.........its a good site to see where inboards came from and how they have evolved with everyone just trying to help each other out with their experiences.......happy boating

ps supra is a SC company and anything newer than around 1999 a great deal of info can be found on the moomba forums another SC company

01SupraLaunch
06-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Congrats! I am new here as well. I love the site so far.

Mani
06-16-2010, 09:41 AM
sweet ride, there arent as many supra owners as other mani's, .....

Stop making fun of me. :p

Great looking boat. Hope you have a blast with her.

cigars n scotch
06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
sweet ride, there arent as many supra owners as other mani's, and since supra has been around a long time youll find there are kinda 2 groups in here ...oldschool dd and newschool vd.........its a good site to see where inboards came from and how they have evolved with everyone just trying to help each other out with their experiences.......happy boating

ps supra is a SC company and anything newer than around 1999 a great deal of info can be found on the moomba forums another SC company

Yeah I know Skier's Choice is both Moomba and Supra. Perhaps I'll also lurk over to the Moomba forum. I did notice that a lot of the owners here have the old school direct drive boats. Lots of really nice ones on here.

Thanks for all of the info.

I'll be sure to post pics of our journey out to get her!

iwakeboard
06-17-2010, 08:56 AM
LOVE the white! Congrats!

cigars n scotch
06-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Finally! After 4387 miles of traveling we got her home last Thursday morning and enjoyed some time with the boat this past weekend. What a trip that was, but well worth it to have this beautiful boat. Here are a few pics:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/newmanium/2008%20Supra%2021V/IMG_4587.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/newmanium/2008%20Supra%2021V/IMG_4491.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/newmanium/2008%20Supra%2021V/IMG_4571.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/newmanium/2008%20Supra%2021V/IMG_4574.jpg

We knocked out the first 2 hrs. of break-in time at the Jordanelle Reservoir outside of Park City, UT and then finished off the next 5 hrs to get to 7 where we could ride and fill the ballast this past Friday with a cruise for the parents. Break-in's are tough, especially since the water on Friday was glass and was a huge tease since we couldn't board.

We took her out on Saturday at the river with our usual crew and had a blast! Can't wait for the time on the water to come!

Fman
06-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Congrats! She is a looker, love the white!, coming from someone with black in there boat! White is so much easier to take care of! Have fun this summer.... time to hit the water!

mapleleaf
06-28-2010, 07:56 AM
that white is amazing....Great looking rig.. What is the weight of that boat???Wondering how your Tundra found pulling it....I've got the same truck and seems a little sluggish towing my Conbrio??

thescott
06-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Beautiful boat! Congrats and welcome to the site!

SZEH
06-28-2010, 03:43 PM
CONGRATS! Beautiful boat...I love the white. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we've enjoyed ours!!

cigars n scotch
06-28-2010, 07:53 PM
that white is amazing....Great looking rig.. What is the weight of that boat???Wondering how your Tundra found pulling it....I've got the same truck and seems a little sluggish towing my Conbrio??

My Tundra pulled it just fine, obviously the mountains of Utah and Wyoming along with the rolling hills of Nebraska and Iowa were a bit much and I got around 12 mpg, but overall it pulls the boat pretty well. You definitely know a boat is back there but I am happy with how it pulls. The boat is 3,500 lbs. dry and with the trailer it's 4,600 lbs. I have the 4.7L V8, it's an '06 Tundra.

I only have a 20 minute drive to the river so it's not really an issue for me. Do you have the same model Tundra?

Thanks for all of the compliments everyone. We really like the white as well.

mapleleaf
06-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Almost, '03 limited extended cab same drivetrain, Was curious because at some pointI'll out grow the light ski boat....Well if I'm lucky I've already out grown the '03 and there's an '09 or '10 Tundra in my future... Considering the towing I think I'd have to look into the 5.7l......
Oh and need more family room!!!:D

cigars n scotch
06-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Yeah I would love the newer Tundra with the 5.7L but then again I didnt have any issues with my gas pedal sticking either so I'm cool with my ride for year to come. I love my truck. I'd like to get a small lift on it though sometime down the road.

mapleleaf
06-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Yeah I would love the newer Tundra with the 5.7L but then again I didnt have any issues with my gas pedal sticking either so I'm cool with my ride for year to come. I love my truck. I'd like to get a small lift on it though sometime down the road.

Ya I have a buddy who went in for the floor mats to be sewn down!!! I'm rounding the corner to 120k miles, and it really is too small for my growing family.I should'a bought yours... Pretty sure I get to deal with the used car buyers in Toronto when I get home.......
Talked with Bill at Hammerhead 4 X 4 (ebay store) he seemed knowledgeable and had a couple reasonable lift options for our Tundra's, good for bed weight or towing.......

DGREEN
07-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Hey C n S, that is a sweet boat you got there, i really love the white, super clean! Well, all this talk of Tundra's made me have to post a quick pic of my new tow rig..... had to upgrade from the 06 tacoma to the 10 tundra. Just towed my Sunsport over the cascades this weekend, didn't even know it was there, can't say enough about that 5.7!

cigars n scotch
07-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Hey C n S, that is a sweet boat you got there, i really love the white, super clean! Well, all this talk of Tundra's made me have to post a quick pic of my new tow rig..... had to upgrade from the 06 tacoma to the 10 tundra. Just towed my Sunsport over the cascades this weekend, didn't even know it was there, can't say enough about that 5.7!

Thanks DGreen, we've gotten a lot of compliments on the white scheme and I am glad I got it because I was going to get a black gelcoat to match my truck but am much happier with the ease of cleaning.

That is a nice Tundra!, love the lift and the rims/tires. Congrats on the new ride, what a change from the Tacoma huh? That 5.7L is a beast. What kind of gas mileage are you getting on it towing? Is that your daily commuter?

mapleleaf, I'll have to check that seller out on Ebay. Don't know when I will get the lift because I just got the 21V and already have about 4 projects lined up in my head that I want to do.

1. ballast upgrade to tsunami pumps
2. tower speakers, additional battery, another amp
3. 1100 lb. sacs for my rear lockers, 900 lb sac for ski locker under playpen
4. LED replacements for the courtesy lights

I'm sure I can think of a few but that's good enough for now! Oh, and a bimini, but my wife and I are working out a deal with someone who is selling their Z5 off their 24SSV. Yeeeaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

mapleleaf
07-10-2010, 01:30 PM

Was this thread about boats??? Kinda hard to remember looking at that nice Tundra!!!!

DGREEN
07-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Thanks, yeah, it is my daily driver, I'm a contractor and pull a 18 foot trailer around as well as my boat, so it was definately time to bolster to the 5.7, and yeah it is an absolute beast, so much power its crazy. The little tacoma is a sweet truck and I still have it, but not in the same category for sure. As for mileage, haven't tracked it yet, it seems to be right about the same as the lifted tacoma, I think it just doesn't have to work as hard. I'm guessing it gets around 15mpg or so. Again, that color scheme is sooo clean and classy. I love it.