PDA

View Full Version : Boat dying

Cajun
07-11-2004, 07:04 PM
My 2004 Launch LTS (with 42 hours) has started dying after about an hour of wakeboarding. The entire boat is dead- motor, electronics, everything. It won't turn over until about and hour later. The accessory fuse trips when it happens, and then won't allow you to reset it for about an hour. I thought the boat was overheating, so I cleaned the filter, changed a hose that was partially kinked from the factory and checked the impeller. Then it happened again. The temp is about 185-190 when it happens. It doesn't seem to happen unless you have pulled a load. Oddly, we used the boat a few weekends ago, worked it hard, and it never happend. We didn't use the stereo that entire weekend. The stereo has been on everytime it has happened.Just trying to give you any info I can think of. Any help?

gravgames
01-27-2005, 12:10 AM
Have you checked your cable connections to your battery? If battery connections are loose, there could be a voltage shortage which would shut everything down. Also it might be a vapor lock in your motor and that would require a mechanic.

Hope it gets figured out soon!!!

Jeff

2004 Grav. Games