PDA

View Full Version : Filled my tank up today and Im thinking its leaking

dshaff24
06-16-2010, 02:50 AM
on the older supras did anyone ever have any of there Aluminum tanks Leak?

I know when I tore my boat down the foam always Stank like gas but I could never figure it out, Now today I filled the tank for testing reasons and Its leaking! I do remember seeing corrosion but Never did I ever think it would soak through!

Im Bummed! Just put 68$ in fuel and mounting is tight to get the tank out, New carpet etc etc,, Tomarrow Im going to yank it out and see whats up but right now IM BUMMED

mapleleaf
06-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Pulled my tank last year and when I put it back, because of the tightness, I thought I had the filler neck on good enough... I didn't, it leaked, that sucked....Still getting rid of the smell of gas. Scared the sh@t out of me......

dshaff24
06-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Pulled my tank last year and when I put it back, because of the tightness, I thought I had the filler neck on good enough... I didn't, it leaked, that sucked....Still getting rid of the smell of gas. Scared the sh@t out of me......

Yanked the tank. Its got 2 pin holes!!

mapleleaf
06-16-2010, 03:38 PM
what a f _ _ _er !!!!

csuggs
06-16-2010, 03:53 PM
dshaff - I noticed when I pulled my tank that it had been welded in 2 or 3 places like it had been repaired. I don't know if it's from the factory that way or if someone else repaired it. Sorry about your luck . . . .

dshaff24
06-16-2010, 11:05 PM
dshaff - I noticed when I pulled my tank that it had been welded in 2 or 3 places like it had been repaired. I don't know if it's from the factory that way or if someone else repaired it. Sorry about your luck . . . .

Well it turned out that the factory puts a foam tape on the bottom of the tank and it holds moisture which eats at the aluminum! I lost a few gallon but it just ran into the bilge and out onto the shop floor,

Anyway I syphoned what was left out and cleaned out the tank so tomarrow the tank Shop can repair it!

Its always something........................... So much for my 5 gallon bucket Captains chair and Lake test in this 90 degree weather