PDA

View Full Version : Do towers fold down on 2009 21V

boatswaiyn
06-16-2010, 12:41 PM
I am looking at getting a 2009 worlds edition 21V but I'm not sure if the tower will fold down so I can put it in the garage. I don't want to store it outside. Does anyone know about these towers and if they can be folded down to fit under a 8 foot garage?

cigars n scotch
06-16-2010, 12:58 PM
I believe all of the newer boats towers fold down. I just picked up an '08 21v and I know that my tower folds down.

RanceOU
06-16-2010, 01:10 PM
I am looking at getting a 2009 worlds edition 21V but I'm not sure if the tower will fold down so I can put it in the garage. I don't want to store it outside. Does anyone know about these towers and if they can be folded down to fit under a 8 foot garage?

Yes, they do fold down. I dont know the exact higth with out going out and measuring it but i do have the length.

Length w/trailer 25'-2" (09 21V)

boatswaiyn
06-16-2010, 01:20 PM
I believe all of the newer boats towers fold down. I just picked up an '08 21v and I know that my tower folds down.

That is interesting that you are driving all the way from New Jersey to buy a boat from the same place I am looking to buy. I will only need to drive 20 miles to get it though. ;) I have seen the boat you are buying and that is a really good deal. I currently have a malibu and I take my boat to Marine Products to get serviced even though they are not a malibu dealer.

boatswaiyn
06-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Yes, they do fold down. I dont know the exact higth with out going out and measuring it but i do have the length.

Length w/trailer 25'-2" (09 21V)

yeah I will need to find out the height folded down, the length shouldn't be an issue especially with a swing away tounge.

cigars n scotch
06-16-2010, 08:08 PM
That is interesting that you are driving all the way from New Jersey to buy a boat from the same place I am looking to buy. I will only need to drive 20 miles to get it though. ;) I have seen the boat you are buying and that is a really good deal. I currently have a malibu and I take my boat to Marine Products to get serviced even though they are not a malibu dealer.

Wow you are SO lucky! They've been pretty good at Marine Products, and I'm looking forward to getting the boat this week. It was a good deal for a brand new 0 hours boat. It didn't have the Z5 like I wanted but hey, you can't have everything.

I'll have to check out the Worlds Edition there that you're looking at when we arrive. Good luck on the purchase!

iwakeboard
06-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Yea, the whole tower can collapse forward, pivoting on the forward mounting location on the rails that run the shape of your windshield. Should have some quick-release knobs to allow you to do it quicker. I highly recommend using white lithium grease anti-seize on the bolts that you'll be frequently pivoting on or removing to break the tower down. Best of luck and congrats!