PDA

View Full Version : What tube do you have? We want one that flies!!!

04Gravity
06-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Looking into purchasing a towable tube for the boat. Which one will give you the most air? I seem to remember one that was banned a few years back because it went way to high and people were getting hurt. THAT's the one I want!!! Haha

Chachi
06-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Check out the Kite Tube or the Manta ray! Both were banned but you can find them on Craigslist. I found one for sale in MN for $400 I believe it is still for sale. I would never ride behind one cause those are insane!!! My buddy was up about 35 feet behind 100 ft of line going 55mph!

KG's Supra24
06-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Yea, i dont know that you want to risk it on those. They were banned for a reason. There were ALOT of reports of neck/back injuries and i think even a couple deaths.

The best tubes for what you want are the flat tubes that are just one or two person. I have also seen two other tubes that look interesting; one you hold a ski rope and pretty much wear and the other you lay inside of it (like a giant pipe) and it rolls over instead of across the water.

blaze5012
06-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Here is a picture of the air I got with one of our tubes. It is just a one person donut tube, you can basically get them as high as your wave will take them. I have gotten someone about 5 feet higher than this but did not happen to have a camera on it when it happened...
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4437/tube.jpg
________
marijuana vaporizers (http://weedvaporizers.info)

Matt Laird
06-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Ya I had a heap of medical bills due to a kite tube... My girl stil has some sholder problems... Steer clear of anything like that..

Skylar18
06-17-2010, 08:08 AM
A kid on a kite tube was killed on our lake. Recommend the 2 or 3 person kite tube. With the right driver you can get plenty of air.

iwakeboard
06-17-2010, 08:51 AM
The problem with the kite tube was that they were to only be used on very windy days, thus necessitating less speed. People would go out on nice clear and calm lake days and try to generate the speed as opposed to the wind generating it. Using one properly wasn't that dangerous, there was no speed involved greater than 8 to 10 miles per hour and if the kite descended it would come down gently. The inherent flaw in the speed-to-create-wind use was that if the tube angled even slightly down it would accelerate into the water, thus killing several people.

Skylar18
06-17-2010, 09:49 AM
A kid on a kite tube was killed on our lake. Recommend the 2 or 3 person kite tube. With the right driver you can get plenty of air.

I meant flat tube....

KG's Supra24
06-17-2010, 09:53 AM
I meant flat tube....

I was confused by you saying someone died on a kite tube but you should throw 2 or 3 people on it and see what happens. Haha. I figured you meant flat.

You also mentioned with a good driver. Maybe here is the place for some tips on how to get the tube in the air. I had it down in our old boat but havent really figured it out in the wakeboat.

sybrmike
06-17-2010, 10:07 AM
And now they have these...

http://www.overtons.com/assets/images/products/large/16972_L2.jpg

Can't wait till the lawyers get ahold of this one.

Okie Boarder
06-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Never tried it bu I'm sure a standard tube could be whipped into a tall wakeboard boat wake and get launched pretty good. Double up maybe? blaze, is that what you did in that pic?

blaze5012
06-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah that is exactly what I did. I get that height without taking the boat over 20ish mph. You just circle around with the tuber on the inside of the turn and right as your boat comes to hit the wake for the double up, you turn the boat to straighten it out and it pulls the tube in towards the wake. IF you time it right they will launch right off the double up. My Dad did this for years and I finally got it right a few years ago.
________
TL320 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Aprilia_TL320)

Skylar18
06-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Blaze,

That is exactly what we do as well. It only takes between 19 and 21 mph and it absolutly launches them. Takes a bit to get used to the timing.