PDA

View Full Version : exhaust help asap

ess3489
06-17-2010, 03:13 PM
one of my rubber mufflers was leaking...... i have an 89 supra conbrio. they dont carry these mufflers anymore and was wondering if staight exhaust pipe is ok to run..... i found some silencers but if straight exhaust is fine i would rather save my money and run its straight exhaust.

i need to know if a just replace both mufflers with exhaust hose is ok? as long as i have those flaps that go on the outside of the boat where the exhaust exits. those flaps help prevent water from going back up the exhaust and into the motor right?

please help i need to start fixing this boat asap and stright exhaust seems pretty easy since i already have th gas tank and rear seat out.

johndoe777
06-17-2010, 03:16 PM
its fine to have straight pipes out the back thats what i've done on mine
i will take some pics later today if you want
i dont have any good ones posted of the exhaust

mapleleaf
06-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Pics would be great for me too!!!! Probably an area I should look into, since I haven't yet!!!!!!

johndoe777
06-17-2010, 08:18 PM
here are the pics
they are also on my profile page

ngavchris
06-18-2010, 12:03 AM
Yes I agree, that motor is really nice.

Back to the thread, you can run the exhaust straight out. That is how they were setup originally.

ess3489
06-18-2010, 11:50 AM
my exhaust looks the same there where it comes from the motor straight down to the floor. but what i am talking about is under the gas tank behind the back seat.

under my gastank their is a muffler or baffle on each side right before the exhaust exits the boat. can i replace thos mufflers with just staight exhaust hose?

i dont see why i couldnt do that because the mufflers in it are completely hollow with a few bumps of baffles, but otherwise you can see straight threw it. meaning water could flow up or down it it isnt there to prevent water from entering the engine because it sure looks hollow like my straight exhaust hose that i would replace them with.

there are flaps on the outside of the boat where the exhaust exits these looks like what blocks the water from entering the exhaust and reaching the motor.

so my question is can i remove the mufflers/baffles under the gas tank at the back of the exhaust right before it exits the boat, and replace it with straight exhaust hose? keeping the flaps on the outside to prevent water from entering the boat

ngavchris
06-18-2010, 03:02 PM
yes, that would not be a problem.