PDA

View Full Version : You fix 1 thing , then .......

brack
06-21-2010, 12:59 AM
you know the old saying .....you fix 1 thing and 2 more pop up !!

Finally got around to replacing the burnt exhaust hose under the floor ( pulled carpet , pulled tank , cut section of foolr ane replaced hose )

Well i put it all back together ( flushed the tank while i had it out ) and now none of my gauges work BUT the main prob is that it will not stay running . I have to prime the carb to get it to fire , it runs as till the gas burns off ....Fuel pump is brand new along with the carb.......i thought maybe bad FF but it was new also (I i removed it and no help )............

gonna give it another go tomorrow afternoon...

brack
06-21-2010, 11:26 PM
boy do i feel stoopid...... the gas that i took out of the tank was bad , ( i ran a line from a fuel can to the fuel pump ....picked up and ran like a champ....now what to do with 20 gallons of nasty gas . OH , the gauge problem was just as bad , somewhere along the way , i had knocked off a ground wire at my fuse panel ( prob when i was hanging upside down installing new cleats .....

anyway.....hopefully thursday she will finally get in the water

Mani
06-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Find a fire ant pile with an unsuspecting EPA agent standing by. Sounds like a good way to get rid of lots of bad gasoline. ;o)

gtbrault
06-25-2010, 01:16 PM
That is a good question, what do you do with that much bad gas? A couple gallons - no big deal, run it through the mower but 20 gals...

bryan632
06-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Most towns have a HazWaste site that you can drop it off at. you could ask your local wal mart service center or any local place that changes the oil in your cars. they usually recycle the waste oil. I'm guessing gas falls into this category. hope this helps some

brack
06-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Lucky for me.....i work @ a hazardous waste incineration plant , i think im good there...hehehehe........but first i am going to try to pump off the good gas from the top and use it in my mowers..... then , when i get down to the water / trash stuff , dispose of it

wish me luck , shes going into the drink on SUnday.....