PDA

View Full Version : The World's Largest Party on Water- Aquapalooza July 10, 2010

kodybyron
06-21-2010, 12:20 PM
http://www.aquapalooza.com/

I'm so there! Anyone else down?

Free! but only access by boat on Lake Travis in Austin,TX!

blaze5012
06-21-2010, 02:55 PM
I live about 5 min from where this is going to be. Lake Travis is crazy on the weekends, I cant imagine what this is going to be like. There are plenty of boat ramps on the lake right now because the lake is only a few feet below full.
________
Buell XB12R (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Buell_XB12R)

SupraTamu
06-22-2010, 08:50 AM
I live by this as well and unfortunately going to avoid going on the water that weekend. They are expecting thoousands of boats and if you are familiar with this lake it is not a wide body lake. Have fun and be careful and you probably want to get out there early.

bens 1985 supra sunsport
06-22-2010, 09:11 AM
We were thinking about going but i'm not at all familar with Lake travis or boat ramp there. Coming in from San Marcos what is the best ramp to go to?

Skylar18
06-22-2010, 09:36 AM
We are going to attempt it but am not looking forward to the 22 mile voyage from our dock with that many boats churning up the water.

Mani
06-22-2010, 04:48 PM
I'd love to see Brad Paisley, but even if it were on one of our local lakes I'd still pass. With a crowd that large, the odds of somebody doig something stupid are too high. Kinda like the guy on lake Lewisville's party cove a couple of years ago who set his Sundancer on fire after blowing a fifteen foot hole in the side of it. Decided that fireworks were in order for the cove, and the best place to stow them was next to his engines. When they got too hot and blew they took one of his diesel tanks with them.

Gsquared
06-22-2010, 05:17 PM
With everyone at the event, it will probably be a great opportunity to have some calm waters to board if you get far enough away! I'll be on the lake and our place is only 2 miles away but I have no desire to fight the crowds and idiots.

Fman
06-22-2010, 11:11 PM
http://www.aquapalooza.com/

I'm so there! Anyone else down?

Free! but only access by boat on Lake Travis in Austin,TX!

Ok, I have officially became "older", because I am all about less people on the water the better!!!! wow, that looks like a massive head ache! make sure and bring some good fenders for bouncing off other boats!

Fman
06-22-2010, 11:12 PM
With everyone at the event, it will probably be a great opportunity to have some calm waters to board if you get far enough away! I'll be on the lake and our place is only 2 miles away but I have no desire to fight the crowds and idiots.

Now thats more my style..... :D

kodybyron
06-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Ok, Ok. I was just throwing the idea out there for people who may want to join an event like this. I know its not for everyone...ill take pics and yall can live through me ;-) that is if i make it back alive! should be interesting!

Mani
06-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Don't get me wrong Kody, it sounds like a blast. I hope you have a grand ole' time out there, especially with Paisley making a showing. I'm just weighing my fun to probability-of-serious-injury meter, and it says no. ;)

jaywidhalm
06-23-2010, 06:53 PM
I am thinking there will be some killer boats there, and some very nice "scenery" as well. Lots of pics please!! Be safe.

SupraTamu
06-24-2010, 07:52 AM
On the way into work this morning I heard on a local Austin radio station that they are expecting 5,000 boats and 30,000 people. In Lago Vista where I live they are opening one of the private parks Cody Park to the public it is across the water from the concert, no boat ramp at this park though. If you want to find the public boat ramps on Lake Travis go to www.lcra.org then click on parks, then click on boat ramp information. Have fun. I will probably make it to cody Park and watch by land.