PDA

View Full Version : 6 boarder pull on Shasta!

Fman
06-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Just got back from an incredible trip on Shasta Lake, we were up in the Pit and Squaw arm. Weather was a little cooler than normal for June, in the low 80's and the wind kicked up sometimes, but overall we were able to get some really nice water. We towed 6 wakeboarders with my Supra, though I would throw up some pics to share. For the kids, it was a moment they will remember for a lifetime. Rope management was key, hats off to the two tackling that job! driving was the easy part....

I ran two boarders off my tower and four off the ski pole....

tg0824SSVGG
06-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Yee haw ... how many falls?

Fman
06-21-2010, 05:55 PM
some more pics of the boat, dinner, our boat, my son jumping and me catching a wave before dinner. Everyone had some good wakeboard runs, the water was epic late in the evening. If you ever get the chance to visit Shasta, do it! it is so beautiful when its full. I have never seen the lake this high before.....

Fman
06-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Yee haw ... how many falls?

Had one fall in the loop we ran, it was not too bad getting everyone back up.... both times everyone was able to get up when we got the ropes back in check.

Skylar18
06-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Great Pictures.

Seeing the wetsuits, what was the water temp?

I have tried 3 boarders, you have just inspired me.....

ScottnAz
06-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Man, it looks like you guys had a great time. I am Jealous!
First time I've seen a 6 boarder pull, those are some cool shots

KG's Supra24
06-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Those are some cool shots. Nice pics. Memories of a lifetime!!

Fman
06-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Great Pictures.

Seeing the wetsuits, what was the water temp?

I have tried 3 boarders, you have just inspired me.....

So true about the memories, too bad we did not have an American Flag! ah, maybe next year!

Water was a little chilly, 70-73 degrees, we have had a very wet year in Nor-Cal with 170% of normal snow pack, so all the lakes are still a little cold.

tg0824SSVGG
06-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Travis ---

That's about as warm as our water gets ... in AUGUST!

Matt Laird
06-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Looks like an amazing vacation...

I wanna see the pics of you surfing behind the houseboat...

brack
06-21-2010, 10:49 PM
that is a bunch of good memories there...... those pics are sick ....bet everyone had a blast

jet
06-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey Fman, who knew you had that many friends? lol. And are those wet suites?? Wow, we hit 100 degrees for the 4th day in a row. Laura and i went out all day sat and all day Sunday. And let me say that sunscreen management was key! lol

Okie Boarder
06-22-2010, 08:48 AM
Great pics. Wow, 6! That would be so cool!

Yeah the souther plains is hot! Sunscreen and shade management. We've been sitting at a lot of baseball tournaments having to deal with that.

wotan2525
06-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Awesome job! Boat is looking awesome.... Whoever is standing over the windshield filming must have some good balance and a lot of trust in the driver. ;)

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
06-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Looks like you had a great trip Fman. Shasta has been awesome this year, we are out there at least 3 times a week right now with the Lake so full. The 6 boarder tow looks awesome!!

Fman
06-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Looks like you had a great trip Fman. Shasta has been awesome this year, we are out there at least 3 times a week right now with the Lake so full. The 6 boarder tow looks awesome!!

It was a great trip, and I have never been on Shasta before when it has been full to the brim... the weather was a little on the cool side, and water temp was still a little chilly at 70-73 degrees. Hoping to convince my wife to make it back again next year!

And the six boarder pull is something we will all remember, that was one of the highlights for me!

jonyb
06-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Cool pics Travis....

Looking at those kneeboards make my back hurt after seeing the abuse that one's body would take on one of those.

87SunSportMikeyD
06-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Travis thanks for sharing the pics!!! Oh man I wish I could tag along!! I wonder if I could jump over 6 boarders? Hehehehe! You are right - this is a lifetime memory for the kids FOR SURE! Congrats on the great trip.

Fman
06-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Cool pics Travis....

Looking at those kneeboards make my back hurt after seeing the abuse that one's body would take on one of those.

I had one kneeboard run that lasted about 2 minutes, they do pound your knees and back... there is just no way to absorb any impact. If the water is complete glass its tolerable, but having your legs to absorb impact makes a huge difference!

jaywidhalm
06-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Sweet pics FMAN. When I was a kid we pulled 10 skiers behind my Dads 1981Wellcraft outboard!! That was awesome. We still ski behind that boat. Good ol' 150 hp mercury...ahhhh good times. Took a few tries to get up, on two skis, with that many people, it took a little while. Had to know what you were doing. You don't forget something like that...

Second of all, the water here is 62 degrees and I was riding last weekend again with no wetsuit, etc....so quite whining about cold water!!! Just kidding...and sweet pics, looks like a blast.

Fman
06-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Sweet pics FMAN. When I was a kid we pulled 10 skiers behind my Dads 1981Wellcraft outboard!! That was awesome. We still ski behind that boat. Good ol' 150 hp mercury...ahhhh good times. Took a few tries to get up, on two skis, with that many people, it took a little while. Had to know what you were doing. You don't forget something like that...

Second of all, the water here is 62 degrees and I was riding last weekend again with no wetsuit, etc....so quite whining about cold water!!! Just kidding...and sweet pics, looks like a blast.

Jay,

Last year in July the water was 84 degrees!!! It was like bath water, so 70-73 seemed a little chilly... but you are right, typical Californian always complaining!!!!

jaywidhalm
06-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Just had to give ya a hard time :D

JoHNI_T
06-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Jay,

Last year in July the water was 84 degrees!!! It was like bath water, so 70-73 seemed a little chilly... but you are right, typical Californian always complaining!!!!

its been under 64 every day this year for me,,, brrrr we need warmth I am tired of my nipples being rock hard and getting shafed from my vest lol

great pics, I like the 6 man show lol

we are houseboating august long in the shuswap BC cant wait....pics to come