PDA

View Full Version : Boardfest 2010!! Minnesota and Wisconsin

Chachi
06-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Hey guys Boardfest 2010 has been set for Saturday July 17th! The location for this event will be on Beer Can Island in Hudson Wisconsin, on the St. Croix river. This event is super fun and lasts all day into the wee hours the following morning. So bring tents, food, drinks and games. There will be music under the Liquid Force tent playing all day along with volleyball and a lot of riding! This event is thrown on by a friend of mine and Forest Lake Motor Sports. He told me he will be printing shirts off this year for people, don't know if they are free or not but still this party will be super FUN!!!!

Hope to see all the local Supra/Moomba owners out there! Anyone is invited this is not just limited to Supra owners or people in the local area. It would be great to see some people from other states here as well!

Chris

wotan2525
06-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Awesome... this was on a shitty day last year... Hopefully the weather this year is better. I've got a track-day scheduled for my other summer toy (Aprilia) that day but I might try to switch it around and make it out....

Might be worth noting that beer can is the island that is immediately south of the dike. Be careful how you come into it (if it does in fact end up here) because there are sand-bars on the south and north-east ends of the island. It's all no-wake and really sandy so you'll probably be OK even if you do hit your prop a bit.

Be prepared to party.... Blake knows how to throw a bash. What color is his boat this year?

Chachi
06-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Hey Wotan! Ya It is a fun party and hopefully the weather will cooperate with us this year! I was out on Beer Can 2 weekends ago for a bachelor party. I think the best be is to come in through the marinaand under the bridge that acceses the dyke, that way you don't have to worry about the sand bars at the south end of the island. I did take it through there while we were out and had no problems. I just got my boat back (93' Sunsport) from paint and it is a gunmetal gray. Super stoked on the paint job. I have been friends with Blake for about 7 years now and you're right he does know how to throw a party. What color is your Saltare? Hopefully you can get things worked out so you can make it. Hopefully WakeMikey too.

Chris

wotan2525
06-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Water is super high right now so I don't fit under the dike bridge. My boat is red/white with a white tower and white tower speakers.... It has a SUPER tall and sort of ugly tower on it... you'll probably know it when you see it. ;)

87SunSportMikeyD
06-23-2010, 10:47 AM
I will put it on my calander! Don't know if I will bring the boat though if I can bum a ride... Who knows I guess. She is taken apart now, getting a knock in the engine. :(

wotan2525
06-23-2010, 01:10 PM
You're always welcome to tag-along on my boat....

Chachi
06-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Mine as well Mikey! 'm trying to figure out good ways and experimenting on a good surf wake. Right now I'm rockin 2 540 pounders, one on the floor and gonna put one on the bench seat to form an "L". I'm goofy and the other riders are regs so we are gonna have to keep switching it around unless there is another way we can do it. We are gonna try this setup Friday to see how it works.

Wotan, I did notice the high water levels also and almost thought my boat wouldn't go through but it did just fine. I miht have to evaluate the situation come the 17th if we get more rain!

87SunSportMikeyD
06-24-2010, 12:05 PM
I make them learn to ride heelside on the regular wave heheheh

Chachi
06-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Mikey you're so mean. HAHAHA!

Chachi
06-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Wotan... I don't know what color Blake is rockin this year but his 24' is for sale for $72,500 on Craigslist!

wotan2525
06-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Hah! Hadn't seen it....

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/boa/1774086320.html

Definetely one of the nicest setup boats I've ever seen. I know he said it was scheduled to go back to the factory to have some warranty work done.... Can't wait to see his new boat!

Chachi
06-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Ya must be rough huh...