PDA

View Full Version : 2004 supra gravity games ballast.......

ess3489
06-22-2010, 12:02 AM
how much ballast is a gravity games edition 2004 supra compared to just a regualar 22ssv? both boat have 2 bars in rear and one in the front ski locker which is located where you walk thru the windshiled of the boat.

also one question is the 3rd bad always located under the pads up from in the ski locker where you walk thru the windshield?? that seems really far forward but maybe im wrong. i thought u wanted the weight a little further back. like in the middle of the carpet area in the main section of the boat. is there no locker in the middle of the boat thats why you have to use the locker up front?

looking into buying a 2004 22ssv or gravity games just wanted to know the difference

Vapor-rub
06-23-2010, 04:06 PM
The 2004 SSV gravity games edition boat came with a stereo upgrade, different tower, and graphics decals. There may be a couple of other extras that I'm forgetting, but as far as the ballast sacs both the regular SSV and the GG SSV came with the same size sacs.

There are gravity games sacs, but these were sold completely separate from the boat as the increased size (weight) over the stock sacs would put the ballast over the legal weight limit listed on the coast guard sticker. If you wanted to purchase the GG sacs you could, but they had to be sold separately. Dealers (mine anyway) would not let you simply trade your stock sacs for the GG sacs.

The stock sacs in 2004 SSV's were 250 lbs each for the rear and 400 lbs for the front, totaling 900 pounds total. The GG sacs are technically 600 lbs each for the rear and 1100 for the front, totaling 2300 lbs. However, there is some thought that these sacs will stretch some giving you 800 lbs each for the rear. The front sac cannot stretch because there isn't enough space in the front compartment even to fill it up completely. Therefore, you're probably really only getting about 900 lbs out of the front sac.

When shopping for SSV's from this period you definitely want the ones with the playpen bow, not the walk through. The reason being is that the playpen bow can accommodate the GG front sac while the walk trough bow will hold up to a 400 lb sac only. If you do buy a playpen SSV without the GG sacs you can generally find the sacs on e-bay or of course you can get them through your dealer. Beware though, they are expen$ive!!!

To answer your question about the placement of the front sac being in the front and not the center, yes, this is exactly where you want it for this boat. I run the GG sacs in my 2004 plus about 200 lbs of steel plates under the bow cushions and the wake is nice!