PDA

View Full Version : changing prop shaft

wakejmpr
06-22-2010, 10:26 PM
little help anyone? own a 07 launch 24ssv bent the prop shaft right at the end so it vibrates like a mofo. i have done all the service work to the boat thus far and trust me its been a lot. i was told that the floor boards need to come off to access the transfer case? also i'll have to probably remove the rudder to slide the shaft out. wondering if this is true and how to get them off. also any tips on changing this thing. i've never done it and seeing as how this is my first time maybe any pointers.

wakejmpr
06-22-2010, 10:27 PM
was wondering how to get the floor boards off if anyone has done it. thanks

wakejmpr
06-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Changed the prop shaft yesterday. Can give someone pics and advice if anyone is interested in knowing

docdrs
06-26-2010, 08:37 PM
post it here , i'll have them set up a how to section and then i'll move the thread there...............rudder is offset so you dont have to remove it otherwise its just four bolts on the shaft coupler and removing the coupler plate off the shaft.....my guess

mapleleaf
06-26-2010, 08:45 PM
disconnected my 4 shaft coupler bolts today and couldn't break the shaft free...Any tricks to this???

docdrs
06-26-2010, 08:54 PM
shaft coupler to tranny coupler? oil a sharp screw driver and a mallett and some persuasion or start the engine and pop in gear then back out and cut engine.. and put some oil on the cutlass bearing

Blackntan90
06-27-2010, 03:06 PM
I put a socket slightly smaller diameter than the end of the shaft between the couplers, then used longer bolts(one on each opposing side) and slowly tightened the bolts-the coupler should come off the shaft at that point-a little spray lube will help. When re-assembling, put some anti-seize on the shaft.

wakejmpr
07-16-2010, 12:16 AM
started a new thread with pics on how to take this thing apart and replace it. A how to section would be a good idea