PDA

View Full Version : Help me; Quick ??s

KG's Supra24
06-24-2010, 08:41 PM
On the first two pictures below, what is the black cap and is there a preffered brand i put in it?

On the last picture, is this the stock pump or aftermarket?

I am a rookie when it comes to this stuff. I know it may be a pretty simple question but I appreciate the help.

Other than the fluids, do yall do any other maintenance every 50 hours. This is my first year with the boat. I looked up and before i knew it, i have put 77 hours on it. I want to make sure i am taking care of it like I am supposed to.

Thanks guys.

docdrs
06-24-2010, 10:08 PM
black cap is v drive dipstick....suck out the oil and replace with sae 30 w. you should also do your transmission dexron III as well and transmission filter....there is a post. but all this should have been done between the 10 and 20 hour mark....oh its the stock pump

http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=6359 fluid change thread

KG's Supra24
06-24-2010, 10:18 PM
This is a used boat I bought with 200 hours. I just filled the oil tonight with 15-40 bc that is what was on the cap. Now your saying fill the vdrive with 30w? I thought the vdrive dipstick was the orange one behind it but I am likely mistaken.

I don't understand how both my motor oil and vdrive oil are so low. They were normal when I bought at 200 hrs and now I'm at 277. Haven't seen any leaks

KG's Supra24
06-24-2010, 10:22 PM
And thanks for the link. Tranny fluid, inside the clear coverplate, is full. FYI.

jzelt
06-25-2010, 01:09 PM
There are 3 fluids that need changed.
Engine oil (like a car).
Auto-trans fluid, (red handled dip stick between engine and your pic),
V-drive oil. Black cap in your pick.

KG's Supra24
06-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks

Motor Oil and Vdrive were low. The auto-trans if fine.

docdrs
06-26-2010, 09:14 PM
motor oil n filter should be changed every 50 hours, tranny fluid every 100 hours or yearly, vdrive fluid yearly.....the tranny filter is located on the bottom of the transmission,there are 2 bolts holding a cover plate that has to be removed to get at the screen....follow the instructions and try to get as much tranny fluid out before you attempt to clean this