PDA

View Full Version : Best year to buy Supra Launch 21v

big trim
06-25-2010, 03:59 PM
I can't afford a new boat & was wondering which year to buy to get the most for my money. My budget is $30k.

KG's Supra24
06-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Any paticular reason you are sticking to only the 21v?

How old is too old for you preference?

Any specific features you have to have?

What is your location? Are you willing to drive if you find the right deal?

Maybe a little more information as to what your looking for and it will be easier to help you out. You can get a nice boat for that budget.

big trim
06-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Any paticular reason you are sticking to only the 21v? Mainly the price & the wake.

How old is too old for you preference? Nothing under 05

Any specific features you have to have? A stock 21V would, I'm a wake boarder.

What is your location? Are you willing to drive if you find the right deal? Athens, GA. Yes Im willing to drive.

Maybe a little more information as to what your looking for and it will be easier to help you out. You can get a nice boat for that budget.
I've done alot of research & the 21V thats stock would do but would take extra ballast, Upgraded radio, etc.

Diggs
06-28-2010, 10:02 AM
They started making the 21V in 05. With your budget you can probably pick up an 05-06 21V.

KG's Supra24
06-28-2010, 10:21 AM
I think you should be able to find something. Either a 21v or a 22ssv would fit the bill. If time is on your side, then just slow play it and possibly wait until the end of summer or winter. I picked up an 06 24 for not much more than your budget. Drove 8 hours to georgia to get it. N&C Marine seems to keep one wakeboard boat in stock all the time. I was hesitant to buy from them but everything has worked out so far.

Put the word out to your local dealer as well. I know our Supra dealer here came across a good deal for me but i had already found a boat. I believe they have access to a list of used boats before they go out to the public.

big trim
06-29-2010, 03:40 PM
No one has really answered my question. Which year would you be lookiing to buy a Launch 21V? I know gauges changed 07, preset wake plate in 06, rack, speakers, etc... If it cost alittle more $$$ to get a newer model to get the best stuff then I will do it

Sluggo
06-29-2010, 04:39 PM
From all the comments I have read here and other boards, I think Supra has been on the up swing over the last several years on features and improvements. Ballast system upgrades, rack swivels, vinyl, z5 option, etc... There is still work to be done such as sound systems and some complaints on fit and finish or use of not strong enough fastners in some areas but for the most part, I have not heard of any area from 05 on that has become a problem. There is a vapor lock, fuel pump, issue that some have experienced and I don't recall what year(s) that was if someone wants to add those details.

jaywidhalm
06-29-2010, 06:48 PM
I believe in 08 they switched to 2 fuel pumps which fixed the vapor lock problem.

Fman
06-29-2010, 08:32 PM
I believe in 08 they switched to 2 fuel pumps which fixed the vapor lock problem.

Jay is correct, Indmar changed to two pumps to eliminate vapor lock.

KG's Supra24
06-30-2010, 09:40 AM
I've done alot of research & the 21V thats stock would do but would take extra ballast, Upgraded radio, etc.

I think the hull has stayed the same on the 21v. Don't take that for word, though. I dont know alot about the 21.

The ballast is easily upgraded in any of the years you are looking at. Just plan on spending an extra 300-500 and you will have plenty of ballast. Just replace the fly high sacs that are already in it.

As for the stereo, Supra switched over to Kicker opposed to Kenwood in either 07 or 08. From my understanding the Kicker systems is a little better but nothing to write home about. It is likely you will be replacing most of the stereo components. If you can find one with an amp, that would be a good start. One less piece you have to buy when putting it together. The amp and sub are an option to be looking for, i suppose. It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, though, as i replaced all of it anyways.