PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Rivalry?

Ed G
06-27-2010, 03:59 PM
As posted on the Moomba Forums...

Did you know that some of the folks on the Supra forums think that we Moomba Owners are too "stuffy" compared to them?

Can you imagine that? LOL!!

We, the folks who buy the boats that are "the best bang for the buck" and help keep Skiers Choice alive, being called "stuffy" by Supra owners

Do I detect a little envy, because we are such a happy and social bunch?

They think they are a younger and more energenic crowd, but we are "stuffy".

Game on!

michael hunter
06-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Who said that! ED are you trying to start trouble?
I do believe the Moomba group is younger and more energetic. I have always looked at Moombas as Supras younger brother. We are all in the family no attitude here.

jaywidhalm
06-27-2010, 06:35 PM
I agree...a boater is a boater...especially one from the same line! No attitude at all.

mapleleaf
06-27-2010, 06:46 PM
I think Ed's having fun, I sure do like any SC buyer......prolly put them MC and Boo owners in there somewhere too!!

docdrs
06-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Ed just likes stirrin the pot......must not have a marathon on the horizon and is bored......he still hasn't figured out he really needs a ws420 and the 1100lb fat sacs...... I have an attitude and that is to have fun ......but as mentioned we dont need to agree on everything to be friends ...that just wouldn't be fun......I actually think there is a dipolarization in the supra group( a younger sect ,and an older sect) like old school and new school as supra has been around much longer than moomba...... seems like some of the younger guys own older supras and do things as they say more ghetto style (nothin wrong with that) and the guys who have the newer supras just like the creature comforts and are willing to pay for them........moomba guys just don't necessarily need the bling......so as i Say when some one asks " why is that guy doing that?" I respond..."because he can" :)

Skylar18
06-27-2010, 08:53 PM
No Rivalry.....I consider us the same family that gets along really well. In my mind they pretty much are the same. I get a lot of my modification ideas from your board!

KG's Supra24
06-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Ahh fun thread Ed g. I immediately had to go to the moomba site!

I'd have to disagree though. Stuffy has never come to mind. I frequent both sites because I have an addiction. I prob ought to sign up for a 12 step program. Both sites have good info. There is a little more action on moomba.

Rivalry pushes competition and, if friendly, leads to more good for everyone!!! Threads I constantly check: 2010 pics of your boat on moomba and the monthly picture thread here. I love the pics!! If you are trying to start a rivelry, how about a picture off? Let's see who can post up the best boat/riding/lake, just general cool lake pics!! you know how much the supra crew loves pics.

Starta thread if interested. :)

Fman
06-28-2010, 01:48 AM
I think both are great boats, and I have been on the Moomba site before... seems like some good people over there. But like I have told other Moomba owners, when you feel its time, you can always upgrade to a Supra :rolleyes:

Ed G
06-28-2010, 07:47 AM
I can put up the quote where someone said that, but that's not really necessary to put someone on the spot.

I took it humouresly and decide to have fun with it.

Don't you guys take it real seriously and get all "stuffy"...us Moomba owners wouldn't do that.

KG's Supra24
06-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Don't you guys take it real seriously and get all "stuffy"...us Moomba owners wouldn't do that.

Not taking it seriously. I was just hoping to get some cool pics from the so called "rivalry" that seems to have been created. :)

iwakeboard
06-28-2010, 10:09 AM
http://www.dweebist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/haters.gif

thescott
06-28-2010, 11:17 AM
MOOMBA'S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supra's Rule! Moomba's Drool!!!!!!

Yes...I joke.

michael hunter
06-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Well ED maybe you Moomba guys are just a little insecure. Nothing but love on this Forum.

Ed G
06-28-2010, 01:59 PM
well, Mike there ya go!

also thescott may be somewhat correct - at my age, I do find myself drooling now and then.

didn't use to happen when I had all my teeth

tg0824SSVGG
06-28-2010, 03:10 PM
That's Funny Ed!

docdrs
06-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I know who said it, i just had to find out :) ..........you just don't like him Ed... ;) , but i dooooooo like all the interesting remarks , leave it to Ed to liven up a slow day

jonyb
06-28-2010, 05:42 PM
..........you just don't like him Ed... ;)

It wasn't me.

Ed G
06-29-2010, 05:06 AM
Doc, why in the world would you say I don't like him? There is no truth at all to that statement. I have never had an issue with him - at least that I recall

YOU trying to stir up the pot this time?

No it was NOT Jonyb.

And Jonyb, there is no Supra or Moomba member that I don't like!

beast 496
06-29-2010, 08:13 AM
Supra or Moomba, they are both great boats, and great customers. I have just about equal amounts of Supra, Moomba, Master craft, and Nautique. I only have two with Malibu's. They seem to be the Uppity croud, even though the Malibu's are in the worst shape of all. Heck even the Hydrodines we service are better than the Malibu's. lol Al

docdrs
06-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Ed ya must have missed my wink after that......I get to stir the pot too dont I? Its more fun to do things together......I pretty much take everything said on these forums as a joke...as you said life is too short to sweat the small stuff ......and you can come in my boat anytime too but ya have to drink canadian beer...:)

Ed G
06-29-2010, 12:31 PM
no way do I wanna get anywhere near your wink. You keep that for the Mrs.

Ah, Canadian Beer! I'm all over that.

Couple years ago, I had an opportunity to travel thru the Canadian Rockies (I wanna die there).

Every little town we stopped at had there own red beer - Moose this, Wolfe that.

Man, that was good stuff.

A Moose for a Looney.