PDA

View Full Version : Radio Not working--

01SupraLaunch
06-28-2010, 07:55 AM
I am not electronics guy. If it does not turn on I am basically done LOL! okay not that bad. My system was working a month ago. I have not tried it at all, but this weekend we were just hanging out and decided to crank some tunes and I have no power to the receiver. I found what looks like the fuse resets and pressed them, but still nothing. What test is there to see where I am losing power?

Mani
06-28-2010, 09:13 AM
I have fixed three of the electrical problems on my boat by fixing the grounds on them in the past month. Radio, fuel guage, and horns all had bad grounds. Just a thought.

jonyb
06-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Do you know how to use a digital multi-meter? You should check to see if the radio has ground, constant power, and ignition power at the back of the radio.

01SupraLaunch
06-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Do you know how to use a digital multi-meter? You should check to see if the radio has ground, constant power, and ignition power at the back of the radio.

Yes, I can do that. I will just have to crawl under there, but sounds like the right place to start. Is there a fuse to change??

jonyb
06-28-2010, 10:44 AM
There may be a fuse on the radio or inline on one of the power wires. You can check the fusebox too, just look at all the fuses instead of trying to find one for the stereo.

What radio is it? Possibly get wet?

Kallenc
06-28-2010, 10:52 AM
I am having a similar issue. My radio will work for about 15 minutes when we first go out then will cut off. It will blink on and off after that. At nights the lights starting going dim to. When I got home I tested both batteries and both were full. The trim tab also will not work. They all worked just last week so I'm guessing it's all related. Any advice?