PDA

View Full Version : Better Prop for Waterskiing off 21V?

Pennfrog
06-28-2010, 05:11 PM
I love my 2005 Supra 21V, as it is one of the most versatile boats on the lake. Recently I have been doing a lot of slalom skiing at 33 mph (hoping to get to 34 by the end of the season), and was wondering if putting a different prop on the boat may make it a bit better for skiing.

I realize that a 21 ft boat, with a v-drive and all of its weight isn't going to produce a flat wake, but was wondering what I could do to make it a bit flatter.

Open to other suggestions as well from the Supra community.

LloydP
06-29-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't see how a prop will help you. It's a great boat - but not for skiing. The best I can tell you is to put the wakeplate all the way down, and keep as little weight in the boat as possible.

jaywidhalm
06-29-2010, 07:24 PM
I slalom behind my 08 22V at 32 MPH with the plate all the way down. Decent wake I think, but I was used to an I/O before. The prop isn't goiing to change your wake, just how well it pulls you out and what RPM you run at that speed.

jzelt
07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
If you have ballasts, try playing with the front ballast. Add some weight and see what that does.

Thinking it may put more boat in the water, but up on plane may lift the back some.

We also put the plate all the way down, and I notice a difference in the number of people on the boat.

V-drives aren't the slalom course boat, so not sure other than losing some weight in the boat that there is much that can be done. Obviously, the faster you go, the less wake there would be, but I do 31-32 and I think that is about as good as it is going to get.

Water Dog
07-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Not to run against the crowd but we have found that skiing with the plate all the way up and no ballast runs a very nice ski wake. But then again I learned to ski behind a '74 Searay with Jet pump, so any wake is a small wake in comparison. The beauty of the Supras are their crossover ability to produce a sweet wake for boarding and surfin, and a beauty wake for skiing.

Call the boys at Precision Propeller in Spokane, tell them what you have and what your after, they can make suggestions. 800-735-6318, they can box it up and ship it to you...
I'm running a 14x181/2 LH 1 1/8" that they set me up with - love it!