PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Dropping

MESupra
06-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Hey guys, just had the 92 supra sunsport out for a test drive and LOVED IT. Everything went very well little different handling than the old Wellcraft (in a good way) the throttle would not stay put at wakeboarding speed 20-24mph. If I removed my hand it dropped down to just being in gear. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to make it stay? Also what is the easiest way to get some extra clearence for my prop and rudder. I have already lowered my hitch as much as I can and also pumped the trailer tires to their max pressure.

Thanks for the help

Mani
06-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Throttle dropping is not normal, as far as I know. My SunSport never does that, and I can't think of a good reason why yours would.

Does your trailer not have a prop/rudder guard?

MESupra
06-28-2010, 07:00 PM
No the trailer is missing the prop rudder rash guard, I am guessing it was removed from being so bashed. I do plan on building another one with some scrap steel by the end of the week, I feel increasing the bunk height to 2x6's would be wise. I did just lube all my linkages with wd40. It feels like is supposed to back off on its own I just wanted to check out what others do.

beast 496
06-28-2010, 09:37 PM
The throttle assy's have a tensioner which can be adjusted, I prefer to have the throttle to be able to return to low rpm's when the hand is removed. This mandates the driver to keep his or her hand on the thottle at all times. Leaving the other hand to steer. Personal preferance. Look for the adjustement screw on the back side of the shifter assy. Al

MESupra
06-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the advice, I will check it out tomorrow night after work. I agree that it is good to have you hand on the throttle at all times however it makes it difficult to maintain a constant speed esp between 20-24mph where we ride.

beast 496
06-28-2010, 10:00 PM
When I pull my son, I watch the tachometer to keep a steady speed, Much more steady than the speedometer which is only water pressure. Al