PDA

View Full Version : Couple general ?'s on my 24v

dfred
06-29-2010, 05:48 PM
I have a couple of probably fairly easy questions pertaining to my '06 24v.
1. I see a few pictures of you guys towing with the front cover off, how do you keep the double up seat from popping up going down the highway? I cant even go down the street without it popping up, I am worried about the stress that is put on the hinges going down the road.
2. Does anyone may a "off the shelf" sub enclosure that goes under the drivers helm? I know exile makes one for a moomba, I have e-mailed Brian about a week ago and heard nothing back.

KG's Supra24
06-29-2010, 08:08 PM
It sounds like I have the same problem as you on the playpen seat, just not as advanced. I travel about 45 minutes and mine usually comes up 20 minutes in. Most likely after a big bump. Sorry no help there.

Sub box, I have looked at some pics of the moomba installs and the moomba looks a little different. David at earmark (in Dallas) has a custom enclosure. However they must install it because it is pretty intricate. Supposed to be real good though.

KY Steve
07-01-2010, 08:54 AM
how do you keep the double up seat from popping up going down the highway?

Cant say I've ever had that problem even at 80 on the hwy, mine are really snug when they are down. One thing the dealer recommended when I bought it was to raise and lock the one facing forward when towing, sometimes I do sometimes I don't.

jonyb
07-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Any local car audio shop can build a speaker box that will fit up there. I've had1 with 2 JL 10W0's, and the most recent one with a Wet Sounds 12"XXX sub. It can be done, it just takes finding the right person to do it.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/jonyb1/Supra/DSC_4629.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/jonyb1/Supra/DSC_4536.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/jonyb1/Supra/DSC_7190.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/jonyb1/Supra/DSC_7276.jpg

KG's Supra24
07-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Did you do away with the heater hose or did you have it there to begin with? When i pulled that panel off it looked like it would be really cramped for room. I was also concerned with having that small of a box and not getting the full potential out of the sub. Right now i have an oversized box that goes all the way across. I love the box but right now it is just sitting down there and doesnt look real clean.

jonyb
07-01-2010, 12:02 PM
No heater in my boat. The hose you see is from the billet logo in front of the windshield that sends cool air to the engine compartment.

All my boxes are built to spec. Sometimes suggested dimensions are changed, but they're made up in other areas. Such as: if it can't be wide enough, it'll be made longer. Air space is perfect in both boxes.

KG's Supra24
07-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Do you still have one for the 12 that you aren't using?

jzelt
07-01-2010, 02:06 PM
What tow vehicle? Also, you have all the other bow seats (playpen) in position?

I am thinking that the air flow off the tow vehicle is different than the one's that aren't having problems.

I have '04 Dodge Ram 1500. When the playpen seats weren't in position (because taking it to winter storage, we took them out), I had the seat flip up. When all the seats are in place, I haven't had any issue.

I would also check your hinge braces. If they aren't snug/tight/close to rubbing, then maybe try gently flexing them together so they are tighter. I notice our backrests are tight getting into position, but the one side was pretty loose and if you leaned on it, it would break loose and want to collapse. I bent it toward each other (1/16") and it became sturdy again to lean against.

KG's Supra24
07-01-2010, 02:21 PM
I have an 04 denali ... If i put the front playpen seat up, to close in the bow, then i dont think i would have a problem. the one that pops up on me is the one you would sit in to face the rider.

dfred
07-01-2010, 02:58 PM
I have a '08 F250, had the same problem with my '08 Avalanche as well. Everything seems to be tight, when I called the dealer he just told me to keep the bow cover on while towing. I am not a big fan of the cover on while towing but can seem to come up with any other ideas. It's always somthing, on my X-Star it was the rear seat trying to fly out, now its the playpen popping up, oh well.

Jonyb, are you just setting the box on the the stringer and then supporting it on the back side? Looks like I could build a box similar and use the existing panel to trim it out. If i hold my mouth just right I might be able to trim the panel for the box where the existing stock 10" is?

jonyb
07-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Jonyb, are you just setting the box on the the stringer and then supporting it on the back side? Looks like I could build a box similar and use the existing panel to trim it out. If i hold my mouth just right I might be able to trim the panel for the box where the existing stock 10" is?

Yes, I set the box up there, then screw it down, then install the woofer. The one with the XXX in it sets back far enough to use the OEM flush panel, I just cut it out.

saltare inverts
07-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Johnyb were is a good place for me to buy wetsounds equipment? I am in Missouri.

jonyb
07-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Johnyb were is a good place for me to buy wetsounds equipment? I am in Missouri.

The best thing is to call Wet Sounds and they'll find you the closest dealer. I'm in Western KY, about 3 hours away from STL. Although, it doesn't matter if there's a dealer closer to you, if you don't mind driving to my place. I'll PM you my location if you want to check it on mapquest.