PDA

View Full Version : '87 Saltare rebuild complete.....for now

MATTH53
06-29-2010, 11:10 PM
We finnally got it on the water and it was great! My son Champ is 15months old took his first few rides this weekend and had a blast. We had 8 people on board and still towed a tube with no problems. During the winter I hope to get a wake tower and possibly black bottom paint.....lemme know what you guys think so far....oh and by the way it was about 94degrees this weekend and the black vinyl was no hotter then the blue....my wife was very happy haha

Mani
06-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Looks great, Matt. I hope you're having a blast in that thing. Any more interior pics? ;o)

mapleleaf
06-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Ya I'm digg'in take my youngster out too! He seems to just keep turning the wheel!!! " I steering Daddy!"
Boat looks great....Not a huge fan of graphic's, but with the stripes removed your logo looks amazing....Where'd you get it? My stripes are in teh process of coming off...starboard's gone, port still lingering.....

Okie Boarder
06-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Looks good. I bet you are really enojying being on the water!

87SunSportMikeyD
06-30-2010, 10:48 AM
DUDER! You win the award for best job removing the stripes and replacing with a nice big sticker. Way to go!!! What size is it?? I will have to think about doing something like that. Time to get her geared up for surfing!!! You will have a BLAST

wotan2525
06-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks.... I'm going to completely and totally steal your stickering. Fast, easy, simple, cheap and looks great. Think I can get one on by the 4th? Time to find out!

MATTH53
06-30-2010, 05:07 PM
I have a buddy who owns a vinyl decal shop so he made them up for me. Yeah we are having a blast on the water the only problem is I cant seem to keep the damn jet skis away haha they also seem to follow my wake...I wonder why haha....I have a few more interior pics in my profile album....Ill try and take some more later on....not sure on the exact demensions on he decal though........theres a bit of black behind the white though that I really like sort of sets it off I think.

mapleleaf
06-30-2010, 10:55 PM
I have a buddy who owns a vinyl decal shop so he made them up for me. Yeah we are having a blast on the water the only problem is I cant seem to keep the damn jet skis away haha they also seem to follow my wake...I wonder why haha....I have a few more interior pics in my profile album....Ill try and take some more later on....not sure on the exact demensions on he decal though........theres a bit of black behind the white though that I really like sort of sets it off I think.

I'm in a comp, and my sign shp at the end of my street is amazing... Comp to Salty ratio has got to be like 25%!!!! They'll tell me when I take them pics and my boats measurements.......

wotan2525
07-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Yep -- My boat is red on white, so... I think I'm going to mock-up something similar and give it a red/white outline... Should look pretty damn fresh if I can find a vinyl that matches pretty close. I might also just work up a small wrap to the back and 25% of the sides.... I can't just keep it simple, can I?

87SunSportMikeyD
07-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Hey now, what's the deal!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/1817173494.html

MATTH53
07-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Yeah I know.......the wife wanted me to put it up for sale....I figure if I put it up for $11000 I prolly wont get a full price offer and I will make her happy and still have the supra haha....Sometimes you just have to play the game.....worst case scenario I get a full price offer...Ill go find another saltare and do it all again. I got mine for 5k and put under 2k into it.