PDA

View Full Version : Parting out 85 comp

riveredge
06-30-2010, 02:28 PM
I have an '85 comp, complete boat, but needs major work. Evaluating my free time lately it makes more sense to part out this boat than to restore it. If you need parts for an '85 or similar boat, let me know what you're looking for and I'll send pictures of what I have, and we can work out a price.

Complete windshield, glass all intact
Complete dash including 2 airguide speedometers, all gauges appear to work fine
Stainless 3-blade prop
Rudder, shaft, strut, tracking fins (all underwater gear)
Velvet Drive 1:1 transmission
The engine needs significant work but if you're looking for a starter or something peripheral, let me know.
Misc hardware throughout boat is in decent shape, nothing bent or broken, really.
The engine cover and side panels are nice, but the other seats are ripped or coming un-stitched.
Throttle, shift, and steering cables work well, as does the control box.

I have had this boat running to verify function of the gauges and transmission.

If you don't see something listed, feel free to ask. You can PM me if you need a part, and we can figure out values from there. I'm not looking to make money, just trying to recover some expenses, that's all. I'm located in central NH if you live nearby and don't want to pay shipping. I haven't taken anything apart yet, and if there's no interest in parts then I'll sell it as-is.

darflinger
06-30-2010, 05:50 PM
hello, I'm interested in the gauges. I have a 82 supra beast and the clock, hourmeter, and tach are gone. Can you send me a pic of the dash? I should be able to tell if its similar to mine. And can you describe the condition if the pictures dont show detail.? Thanks
[email protected]

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
06-30-2010, 11:12 PM
What would you be looking to get for the whole boat? Been thinking about doing a project

riveredge
07-01-2010, 08:36 AM
darflinger - I'll get a picture of the dash later today, I know the gauges are VDO and are pretty much the same on all the 80's supras I've seen (85-89). I'll email you some pics later when I get a chance.

On the boat as a whole, I'd like to get about $1500 out of it. I know there are enough parts to get there, but it is a little sad to separate an entire working boat...

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
07-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Can I see any pictures you have of the boat? That price is reasonable...

riveredge
07-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Since my boat is down, I may use this one for the weekend, then start taking parts off if no one wants it whole.

Lane - I'm in New Hampshire, so I'm pretty sure the transport to CA wouldn't be worth it.

The trailer is not for this boat and is not for sale, just to be clear...

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
07-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Yea your right, it is a long haul for a project boat from east coast to west coast... To bad

dickboxers
07-07-2010, 11:29 AM
How much wouold you want for the swim deck.
What about the prop.

The Oilburner
07-07-2010, 03:50 PM
I sent a PM, interested in the whole boat... Thanks...

mapleleaf
07-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Windshield still avail.???? seriously interested
rudder as well, dash switches........

riveredge
07-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi all - The boat is on hold at the moment, I have someone interested in the boat as a whole. If that works out, I'd rather see it remain whole and be restored.

I'll reply to individual parts requests as soon as I can if that doesn't work out. Thanks and I'll update soon!

HardenCJ
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
I need a swim platform, gauges and dash switches!

Guess we are waiting on a restore person!

Although I really need the parts, I too would like to see this boat stay in tact. Keep us posted.

mapleleaf
07-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Second that, the gelcoat still looks great....

riverrun
07-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Does it have the tinted plexi glass on the radio cover?

Megiroux
07-22-2010, 10:37 PM
I am interested in the Prop, Rudder, Driveshaft, and Strut for starters. May also be interested in other trinkets Vents dash and such.

Mike

Email [email protected]

srcoffee
07-24-2010, 01:16 PM
I need the raw water pump. I bought a boat which I'm putting together and the raw water pump was not with the other parts which came with the boat.I also need one of the speedo pick-ups on the rear bottom corner.Also need the plastic cover over the selinoid on the back of the motor. Mine is also missing the stainless rails on the inside sides of the boat. I also need two good exhaust manifolds and risers, and muffler tips. Maybe a steering cable, I just don't know yet. Also need a new flex plate. List:raw water pump;speedo pick-up;plastic electric cover;stainless rails;exhaust manifolds;risers;muffler tips;new flex plate. Thanks

riveredge
07-26-2010, 09:39 AM
The boat is now officially back up for parts. I have sent PM or email to everyone with a request so far, if I missed anyone, let me know.

I'll try to be quick with getting parst out, but I also work 6 days a week so my free time is limited. A dash part is easy. Swim deck is hard. You get the idea... let me know what your needs are and we'll figure it out. Happy boating!

jamesra
08-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Too bad you aren't local or id take the whole boat.

chrisk
08-12-2010, 10:46 PM
what prop do you have on it? I need one bad. I need a LH prop with a 1" bore.

riveredge
08-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Update: The prop, strut, rudder, shaft, coupler, tracking fins, are all gone.

ChrisK- Sorry, I don't have any other used LH props

mapleleaf
08-13-2010, 08:42 PM
what's happening with the dash??? and doghouse????

buymysupra
08-13-2010, 11:33 PM
How about the little window on the left side with the arm that opens and closes (mine is gone)

Dash plates? Mine are almost unreadable.

Bildge switch on dash, one of mine does not stay seated?

Wake Jumper 51
08-14-2010, 04:59 PM
I need the 4 luvered vents off the back if still available.

FULL-THROTTLE
08-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Do you still have the engine and transmission?

Thanks,

Fran

zalamander
08-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Can you get me dims on the windshield e.g. total width, heigh.

Longitudinaldreamer
08-19-2010, 02:44 AM
I am interested in the port wing window, pylon, and speedo gauges. Are they still available? Please let me know. Thanks, Ryan.

riveredge
08-19-2010, 10:52 AM
To keep this simple I sent PM's to everyone who requested parts... I'll post up when major parts go away... so far all the underwater gear and drivetrain are gone. Most of the interior parts, seats, trim, hardware, and most of the dash is still available. Dash is no longer complete, but most parts are there. My basic formula for prices is half of new depending on condition.

Also, I have a couple 14x14 RH 1" 3 blade props, if anyone is interested. One rebuilt and one used.

Thanks to all for your interest, and I'm doing my best to keep up and send parts out in a timely manner.

taylorplt
08-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Do you have still have the "ear" for the pylon?

riveredge
08-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Do you have still have the "ear" for the pylon?

I'm assuming you mean the little bar that goes through the pylon? If so, I've had zero luck in the past with removing that piece cleanly. I'd rather not ruin it trying, the pylon is in pretty nice shape with a couple dings from something being clamped to it down near the bottom.

riveredge
08-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi all- I'll be away for a few days, so if I don't respond to your messages, I'll be back in touch on Monday 8/30.

Thanks~

taylorplt
08-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Yes that is the piece. Don't really want the whole pylon but let me know how much you are asking for it. Enjoy your weekend.

Tomcatjd
09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I would like the Pylon and the rear lift point if they are still available.

rludtke
09-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Yes that is the piece. Don't really want the whole pylon but let me know how much you are asking for it. Enjoy your weekend.

I might be able to find the cross bar that I removed from my pylon...

taylorplt
09-06-2010, 02:40 PM
that would be great. let me know.
thanks,

Sid Deville
09-08-2010, 12:38 AM
What is left in the dash?

riveredge
09-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Right now the speedos and clock are gone, other gauges are available. No switches left. A couple of people have expressed interest in the pylon, I have no idea what it's worth, maybe $100?

For anyone else looking for parts, I plan to get the rest of the valuable parts off it early next week, and then get rid of the rest of the boat, somehow. If anyone in the New England area wants an empty hull, for free, let me know. I'll probably post it locally on Craigslist, I'll deliver for a small fee just to cover gas.

The best way to get me is via PM for specific requests.

riveredge
09-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Being September I don't want to store the boat over the winter, so I'm selling the rest of the boat all together. It still has the complete interior, swimdeck, windshield, pylon, and most of the dash minus switches and speedos. Any last parts requests before it goes to a new home, or anyone want the hull with the remaining parts? Will deliver within reason.

jpg14733
09-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I am looking for manifolds and a raw water pump can you or anyone else point me in a direction?

riveredge
09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
At the moment, I don't have anything used that's good. The manifolds on the '85 were cracked, and the rest of the engine is gone. I'll let you know if I end up with another engine (50/50 chance, at this point) but only the RWP would be any good off the other engine. Your best bet otherwise is to get new at skidim or something, they've got all that stuff, just not super cheap.

taylorplt
09-22-2010, 12:15 PM
I presume you still have the ears / pylon. Any interest in removing and if so price?

riveredge
09-27-2010, 12:30 PM
I can try to get the whole thing out, I tried to take out the ear part but don't think I can without damaging it. How about $100? Send me a PM we can work out details.

riveredge
10-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks to all for your interest, the boat is going to a new home, so no more parts are available.

Indiana Rob
04-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Is your swim deck wooden or fiber glass?

riveredge
04-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Sorry, boat is sold, see two posts up...

rwrogers
04-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Have you sold anything yet. I am looking a an 85 project boat for which I might want the rear seat and swim deck. If it has a trailer I might be interested in the entire boat of you have sold anything yet.

Thanks, Bob.